Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 3048 times)

Welshangel

Advice needed
« on: October 25, 2014, 02:43:55 PM »

Hi all  :)
I have posted in this forum before but just a recap of my situation, I am 50 had a hysterectomy 16 years ago and started getting menopause symptoms about a year ago but have been unbearable for the past 8 months, sweating day and night, hot flushes, anxiety and not sleeping, so I went to my GP who put me on Everol 25mcg patches. I am now on day 26 of taking it, about 4 days ago I thought I was starting to feel a bit better, had less sweats and did sleep a bit better, but yesterday I had an awful day, sweating most of the day and night and had a panic attack while out shopping with my daughter, it was like I was back to square one. I've also had a lot of bloating which is really uncomfortable.
I'd welcome any advice as to weather how I'm feeling is the course of things when trying to find the right dose of HRT. I'm not due to go back to my GP for another 2 months.
Regards WA

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 02:47:20 PM »

Have a browse, search for the product that you are taking to see how other ladies have fared.  A blip in hormones can happen if your own are still active.  Panic attacks are awful, I suffer ……. but not as often these days as in the 1990s. 

If your HRT has progesterone as part of the treatment you may find that this is causing the bloating?

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 02:59:43 PM »

Hi Welshangel - It can take time to settle down on the patches, you might need to leave it a little longer to let things sort themselves out, I think 3 months is mentioned.

If you've had a hysterectomy I assume you don't need progesterone?
Like CLKD says, some women don't get on well with that.

Hope you feel better soon.

Welshangel

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 03:02:32 PM »

Hi Limpy and CLKD
I don't need progesterone because I've had a hysterectomy.
I'll stick with the patches and see how it goes.
WA

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 03:05:41 PM »

See how it goes - the dose can be altered.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 04:16:17 PM »

Have a chat with a Pharmacist?  You may get some idea as to if you need a 'hike' in dosage!