Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet 1mg --> 2mg  (Read 4983 times)

FlapsFlo

Elleste Duet 1mg --> 2mg
« on: August 13, 2014, 09:54:30 AM »

On the 3rd month of Elleste Duet 1mg, the 'feeling so much better' had started to wane.  My GP upped my dose to 2mg.  After about 2 weeks, my boobs were going to explode... so painful... unlike anything I'd ever experienced so I went back to my GP who then prescribed an AD to help with the crippling anxiety and mood swings that go along with being peri.  This particular AD (mirtazapine) just made me very, very woozy.  I know they take a while to get into ones system, having been prescribed ADs before) but WOW, these were something else.

So now I'm pill-free but the hot flushes are full on.  My moods are 'I could cry/I could kill' in the space of a second and my anxiety/panic attacks are still nibbling away at my every thought.  For me, valium is a wonderdrug in that it allows me to function normally (whatever normal is!!).  But GPs are so against prescribing it, even though it is THE ONE drug that actually works.

Do I go back to 1mg of Elleste, which at least sorted the flushes and moods a little, or try something else?

renee

Re: Elleste Duet 1mg --> 2mg
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 11:29:24 AM »

Hi Flapsflo,

Wow,I could have written your post!!

Basically your feeling like shit nearly every day with no relief. It's just the worst thing Iv went through in years.

I was on Elleste Duet, went from 1-2mg and felt ok on the first half of the pack but when I started the second half, I was bloated, very painful boobs, anxiety, depressed, basically suicidal. I phoned my doc....again!! And said that there was no way I was starting another pack of this so Iv went back on Climagest.

I was on Climagest for 18 months and it was great but then started break through bleeding so I had to come off, got a scan to find out I have fibroids and thickening of the womb but by then I had started Elleste Duet!!

I'm glad I'm back on Climagest, the doc doesn't think they caused the fibroids etc, looks like Iv had them a while.

I have a little stach of diazepam 2mg which I keep for emergencies....only used 3 in one month. It's when the anxiety is off the wall.

Feel for you x