Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!  (Read 107240 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!
« Reply #390 on: October 12, 2012, 08:50:55 PM »

Have you had repeated ABs to treat the infections?  I found too many of those upset my gut  :-\

Eddie

« Reply #391 on: October 12, 2012, 09:08:46 PM »

Just two lots since July, but each time i got thrush. :( It really is a viscous circle with these things isn't it.    Eddie. x

CLKD

« Reply #392 on: October 13, 2012, 03:56:54 PM »

Ain't it just!  Did you eat/apply LIVE yoghurt for the thrush? 

My teeth feel as though they are shedding layers all the while, I brush as required and use different brushes through the process to get into the gaps but my tongue is coasking [sp] grit from the gums/teeth all the while - must mention it to dentist at the next appt.

Eddie

« Reply #393 on: October 13, 2012, 06:38:06 PM »

I would mention that too. Because of my allergies sometimes the skin on my gums and lips sheds. It's not nice when it happens. But it only happens if I use a different toothpaste. Live yoghurt? Yes I eat lots of it but can't face applying it.
Eddie. X

honeybun

« Reply #394 on: October 13, 2012, 06:55:35 PM »

Where is the tooth Eddie. Are you going to have a bridge or is it not (as my niece would say) in your smile line.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #395 on: October 13, 2012, 07:59:37 PM »

Oh it's cooling and an excuse to lay on a towel naked doing absolutely nowt  ;)

Eddie

« Reply #396 on: October 15, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »

Knowing my luck I wouldn't get two minutes before the door gets flung open. HoneyB, it is my front left top one. So def in my smile line. Really don't know what to do for the best. There are crowns either side of it, dentist said a bridge would work, but hubby's didn't. It just fell of within a few days!

CLKD

« Reply #397 on: November 05, 2012, 10:53:35 AM »

I told my dentist how scared I am and since then - 5 years ago - the fear has lessened.  It still hurts occasionally but my dentist has done a Psychologiy Degree too so is understanding.  I am nearly at the end of treatment for implants  :bounce: - the titanium rod is at the factory having a crown fitted, it was the spare rod going back in that hurt badly ....... but is OK now it's in place.  Titanium rod and crown due to be fixed permanently next week .......... then in a few weeks I'll have a good clean and polish.

Did your husband have a temporary bridge?  Mine did and it was out of his gob within 48 hours nevr to be put back.  His permanent fixture is fine!  What's happening to your treatment now?

pixie

« Reply #398 on: November 05, 2012, 11:19:18 PM »

Does anyone know what the symptoms of tooth access are?  I have had sensitivity hot and cold in my tooth for several months. Can't eat ice-cream at all. It has now started throbbing very slightly?  My dentist said it was where the gum has receded, but it has on some of my other teeth without any problems? I have tried all the various toothpastes and it is now aching all the time and wonder if it is an abcess. Surely there would be pus and a temperature  and dreadful pain if it was?:-X  mY Dentist is on holiday until I go to see him at the end of November. He is going to treat it then.  Flippin' heck I never had any problems with my teeth and now I have several problems with 3 of them!  As it is have to wear a mouth guard for grinding at night, very flattering - but better than dentures. ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 11:24:34 PM by pixie »

CLKD

« Reply #399 on: November 06, 2012, 02:23:35 PM »

I find that continual use of Sensodyne helps - because the gums recede it allows cold air, debris and stuff to get into the gum which can cause infection or sensitivity. 

pixie

« Reply #400 on: November 06, 2012, 05:11:12 PM »

Thanks I'd been using sensodyne however, been for yet another appointment, and they x-rayed and found a
large hole, so have got to have a root filling. They've put a temp filling in, it was agony when I came out but 2 paracetamol and the pain gone for now!  :(

CLKD

« Reply #401 on: November 06, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »

Glad you were able to get some treatment.  Why haven't we evolved without teeth  :-\

pixie

« Reply #402 on: November 07, 2012, 07:52:04 AM »

It feels worse this morning - excruitiating when drinking tea or eating anything on that side.  Going back today, not sure if the temporary filling is touching the nerve?  Never had anything like this even in wisdom tooth that came through. I never had many problems with teeth, good job I recently joined den plan.
 :-\
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:53:45 AM by pixie »

CLKD

« Reply #403 on: November 07, 2012, 10:32:06 AM »

:tulips2: let us know how you get on.  WE found that a lot of treatment 'covered' by Denplan was in fact, already covered by the NHS  ;)

pixie

« Reply #404 on: November 07, 2012, 04:31:36 PM »

Thats interesting - I didn't realise that.  I did think about going back to the NHS to get it extracted as the private dentist won't do that, but there is a huge waiting list - apparently?!  Anyway, i have been and  it was awful, because there is an abcess starting and the tooth is being rejected.  The dentist drilled it as much as he could but I have to go back after antibiotics to have more 'root canal' work done.  Was in tears afterwards, because I have been to the dentist several times as an emergency, and he said it was the root recession..  I wish I had asked him to X-ray it before, so I went in there and said i want him to X-ray all my teeth in case there is anymore decay in any of them.  I feel frustrated and annoyed that he missed it and feel like complaining, but can't really whilst he's doing the treatment and trying to get me out of pain. :(
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30