Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30

Author Topic: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!  (Read 107242 times)

Taz2

Re: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!
« Reply #360 on: February 20, 2012, 07:46:37 AM »

Well done on making the appointment Eddie. Try to put it to the back of your mind till then though.  :hug:

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #361 on: February 20, 2012, 10:58:14 AM »

I found that once the needle was in and the worry about any pain gone I could relax a bit ..........

CLKD

« Reply #362 on: April 14, 2012, 02:42:29 PM »

Feeling sore as I underwent the 1st treatment in a series of 3-4 for another implant today.  Am on soft foods, no tea/coffee and pain relief, plus blasted anti-biotics again  >:(

viv

« Reply #363 on: April 14, 2012, 07:01:09 PM »

You are a glutton for punishment CLKD.

I hope it all goes ok  and you are feeling less sore soon.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #364 on: April 15, 2012, 09:19:59 AM »

That's similar to what I thought when the area was painful last night  ::) no-one is holding a gun to my head, however, if the implant stops me getting gummy as I get older  ;)

Sore this morning, no pain and have reluctantly taken the first anti-biotic! and as for the mouth wash  :sick02:

Taz2

« Reply #365 on: April 15, 2012, 10:09:29 AM »

I think that its better than false teeth - just wish I could afford it. There is always something else to pay out for  ;D

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #366 on: April 15, 2012, 02:02:59 PM »

I've lost 3 teeth over a number of years.  Due in part to dentist I had at that time.  I have also got 3 lovely crowns from a later dentist who cared.  Much as implants would be nice for my gap, they are so expensive.  I dread false teeth though! Maybe I could just get one for my most obvious one which is my first molar beside my eye tooth.  I  never open my mouth when I smile these days as I'm so self conscious!  Hubby has lost so many more than me but fortunately still has nice ones at the front.  I'm a coward though and my dentist has just changed so don't know what he'll be like.   :-\

viv

« Reply #367 on: April 15, 2012, 02:10:09 PM »

I am simply not brave enough (nor rich enough)......but even if I had the money I just could not go through that.

I will no doubt have to suffer the extractions over the years but at the moment except for my crowns I have all my own teeth.

Long may that last.

I really admire anyone who can undergo such a big dental procedure.

I would rather have another baby  :o     Although when I think about it that is not going to happen now  ;D

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #368 on: April 15, 2012, 05:56:48 PM »

I am going this route in order to save my remaining teeth.  As it was explained to me 2 years ago that bone needs something to grip onto, to work against in order not to recede so implants do the job of a tooth: at least the titanium rod will do.  The 1st one took without lasting problems, now I need to get over these anti-biotics and mouth wash days and once those bits of rope are out  ::) which when I look in the mirror as only thin stitches ..........

CLKD

« Reply #369 on: April 22, 2012, 08:27:34 AM »

I had to stop the anti-biotics yesterday because I was feeling ruff: bloated, couldn't drink without feeling queasy, was unable to eat much  ....... I will tell the Dentist that he needs to discuss ABs before the patient is numbed up  ;) because I have never been asked whether I take a full course: or not.

Where the needle went in is still painful  >:(

Taz2

« Reply #370 on: April 22, 2012, 11:28:07 AM »

you need to get some different antibiotics then CLKD especially if you still have pain where the needle went in. You don't want to risk a bone infection! I am sure that you do need to take a course of antibiotics after such work

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #371 on: April 22, 2012, 11:57:21 AM »

I see the Dentist in the morning

Trey

« Reply #372 on: April 22, 2012, 01:17:08 PM »

CLKD, just now catching up on your implant work.  Don't know if this helps, but have a close friend undergoing implants with receding bone problems due to osteoporosis medicine and she has been on Cleocin or clindamhcin for six weeks.  So I suppose long term ABs is not unusual.  I hope you get an AB that agrees and that you feel much better soon.

CLKD

« Reply #373 on: April 22, 2012, 04:04:06 PM »

WAVE! nice of you to drop by.  The ABs are precautionary I think so I should be able to stop them or have something a little lighter on the gut.  Will see what the dentist decides in the morning.  Be glad to get rid of the stitches though!

CLKD

« Reply #374 on: April 23, 2012, 01:11:49 PM »

No more ABs required.  Sutures out  :o :o :o and next appt. is in 3 month's time. 
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30