Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30

Author Topic: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!  (Read 107247 times)

Trey

Re: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!
« Reply #315 on: June 04, 2011, 02:59:55 PM »

Susan: 'grind you down'.  What a horrible pun!  Seriously, is there any way the dentist or your gp can culture the area and find out what the infection will respond to??  Seems logical somehow, but I've never heard of a dental infection culture.  Dental infections are always serious because of, as Taz said, the anaerobic aspects are the real troublesome issues.  I feel so badly for you and CLKD and others.  Do you do salt water and peroxide rinses.  Peroxide does go down and gets the more superficial anaerobes (where the peroxide can get below the gum line).  3% peroxide (in US) is used as a gargle and I've done it a thousand times - never swallow.  I use salt water when I am not using peroxide - not used together.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #316 on: June 04, 2011, 04:33:28 PM »

It is recommended to boil the kettle, let the water cool and add to salt water; gargle and rinse.  YUK !

Trey

« Reply #317 on: June 04, 2011, 07:17:01 PM »

Peroxide is better for anaerobic.  I think chlorhexidene is the wash you have.  I use similar rarely.  Are you taking probiotics to avoid yeast infection? 

Taz2

« Reply #318 on: June 04, 2011, 07:29:52 PM »

Hi Susan - you would be better to take acidophilus tablets - these have laods more of the good stuff than the drinks.

Taz x

Trey

« Reply #319 on: June 04, 2011, 07:47:18 PM »

Susan: it's over the counter here, usually with the rubbing alcohol.  Taz is so right on the tablets and the strength difference.  It really can help prevent yeast as the ABs are destroying good bacteria in the gut as well as bad and the gut is primarily responsible for our immune system.  It will not interfere with the action of most ABs, but you might look it up - some ABs don't like dairy products.  All my docs advise taking the probiotics though, but I always have to caution and be careful not to prescribe..........................................as I ain't no doc.  Hope you get to feeling better.

jenny

« Reply #320 on: June 05, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »

Hi susan, Amazon sell Rembran** peroxide toothpaste and colg**e  peroxyl oral rinse.   Think you have to be bit careful with some of peroxide mouth washes as the chemicals can be very harmful - after all it was used in rocket fuel :)

jenny

CLKD

« Reply #321 on: June 05, 2011, 08:47:08 PM »

Ring the prescribing Dr/Dentist and ask for assistance? 

jenny

« Reply #322 on: June 05, 2011, 09:31:52 PM »

I really think I would ask for assistance on this one. If you google peroxide mouth wash there are a few disturbing points
I had a quick look after the post.

jenny

CLKD

« Reply #323 on: June 06, 2011, 03:28:17 PM »

He shouldn't take it out if there is infection present so should give advice about which anti-biotics will clear it.   :bighug:

jenny

« Reply #324 on: June 06, 2011, 07:27:03 PM »

Hi Susan, I would really try to have strength to fight having your tooth out, I had tooth out and it damaged the tooth next to it so much that I know I'll have to go through tooth extraction again which is definately not good.

jenny

Trey

« Reply #325 on: June 12, 2011, 12:27:30 PM »

Hi Susan, I use 3% peroxide as a rinse (it is also the main ingredient in whitening strips for teeth) and I am astounded at the cost for you.  In US a pint of just the liquid peroxide is less than $1.00USD. (.61 pound)  Must be the other ingredients.  It is often used by itself to clean out under the gums and it says to dilute with water although I do not.  I certainly don't swallow any.  We used to clean wounds with peroxide in the hospital, but now they prefer normal saline (salt water).  So glad you are feeling better.

CLKD

« Reply #326 on: June 15, 2011, 07:15:05 PM »

Off for another session in the morning  :-\

Eddie

« Reply #327 on: June 15, 2011, 10:14:46 PM »

Good luck CLKD, it's taking a while isn't it? I must remember to call my dentist, wonder if he's received letter from hospital yet? Can't believe i took arnica for 10 days for nought, gave me terrible heartburn!  >:(
Eddie. x

CLKD

« Reply #328 on: June 16, 2011, 02:10:32 PM »

Went better than that: because of an emergency in the Surgery the appt was postponed  :bounce: ...... went shopping with Himself instead  :-*

CLKD

« Reply #329 on: June 16, 2011, 03:13:31 PM »

Except I now have sensitivity on the lower left side  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30