Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30

Author Topic: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!  (Read 107251 times)

Eddie

Re: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!
« Reply #300 on: June 01, 2011, 07:17:29 AM »

Howz the mouth now CLKD, getting ready for your implant?

I'm off today for oral surgery, you can give some tips on pain management later. This has been a long awaited appt but it's finally here. Now i'll find out if the Arnica helped, so far it's given me terrible heartburn.

Eddie. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #301 on: June 01, 2011, 08:16:52 AM »

I thought that arnica is for rubbing on not swallowing?

Need to re-arrange my appts for next week!  Off to phone up - Good Luck for today!

Eddie

« Reply #302 on: June 01, 2011, 08:49:39 AM »

CLKD, Thanks, i was told to get both, so i've got the cream/gel to apply to the skin. Eddie. x

CLKD

« Reply #303 on: June 01, 2011, 05:03:03 PM »

AAAHHHHh ............ how did you get on?

Taz2

« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2011, 05:09:17 PM »

Hi Susan - are you taking them with lots of water - half a pint at least is recommended. I found it made a lot of difference to the nausea side of things. I can't have it any more though as the second time it brought out an allergic reaction in the form of a really itchy rash. That's another antibiotic on the "no" list for me then!

Taz x  :hug:

Eddie

« Reply #305 on: June 01, 2011, 05:27:37 PM »

I'm really disappointed, when i got there the girl doing the procedure took me aside and told me it only had a 20% chance of fixing the problem, she said that because the tooth hasn't had root treatment the chances are the infection is coming from what she thought was a very fine fracture to the root, which would naturally be full of infection. So i've been referred back to dentist, then referral to Glasgow dental hospital, which will probably take a few more months. I'm really gutted, wasn't looking forward to it anyway, but just want it fixed.
Eddie. x

jenny

« Reply #306 on: June 01, 2011, 09:16:44 PM »

I had really bad trouble with a tooth for about 5 years, back and forth to dentist, root filling, last year it flared up so much I asked to have it taken out. It took 2 hours and I was in agony even with localized numbing. Since then the tooth next to it has become painful and loose, but I'm so scared to go back.

jenny

Eddie

« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2011, 09:59:33 PM »

Jenny i worry this is the road i'm on, i've been told because i never had root treatment it will be full of bacteria, 30 yr old crown roots don't like to be disturbed for root treatment now, both my front crowns have not been treated. Dentist didn't want to remove roots when i wanted a bridge to fix it last year. Don't know really what to think now.

jenny

« Reply #308 on: June 01, 2011, 10:17:12 PM »

Hi Eddie, I couldn't live with the pain anymore so had tooth removed, I just feel that I've opened another can of worms - so to say. I do need to go back, but really putting it off

jenny

Eddie

« Reply #309 on: June 01, 2011, 10:20:43 PM »

That's how i felt today, just really wanted it sorted, it not as bad just now, but in the winter when i went out it was awful, so as long as it's sorted before that i'll be okay i spose. Although now would be better because of work, i only do one day at present but would like to increase it if it was offered.
Eddie. x

Taz2

« Reply #310 on: June 02, 2011, 09:21:23 AM »

Hi Susan - I see that, before, you were taking metronizadole (sp?) and I wondered what type of abscess you have? The metro antibiotic is used for anaerobic bacteria and amoxycillin doesn't touch these sorts of infections. Well, that's what my dentist told me when I had a gum abscess and she was proved right!

Taz x  :)

Taz2

« Reply #311 on: June 02, 2011, 09:37:33 AM »

Sounds difficult Susan. Mine was in the gum and these type are anaerobic so need the metro so that they are starved of oxygen. I had to have a two week course of metro for it to work.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2011, 11:29:33 AM »

An implant is optional!

CLKD

« Reply #313 on: June 03, 2011, 11:39:31 AM »

Similar problem to my gob then  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2011, 02:56:31 PM »

Because a dentist won't consider extraction if there is any infection as it can carry round the body.  You have my sympthaty, you're where I was 3 weeks ago and I thought I would never be pain-free.  My next appt is 10 mins on Monday morning and again on Thursday for another 2 hours  :o
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30