Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30

Author Topic: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!  (Read 107267 times)

Eddie

Re: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2011, 04:21:42 PM »

Thanks Crescent, that's now over 5 months.  :(

Trey

« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2011, 07:17:12 PM »

Hi Eddie, my step son is a dentist and once I went 'off the wall' with the adrenalin (epinephrine) added to the numbing anesthetic.  Heart pounding and felt I would go unconscious.  The dentist can lower the amount (and should).  It's given to constrict the local blood vessels and reduce bleeding, but it is not necessary and at least can be given in greatly reduced amounts - Always remind the dentist and put it on your allergy sheet - 'sensitive to epinephrine' and then that won't be a worry.

Eddie

« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2011, 07:21:11 PM »

I saw dentist today and explained about that, so hopefully it will be on record, i will however remind him when getting this surgery. Not likely to forget it.  :o Eddie. x

Val.M

« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2011, 08:45:22 PM »

Hi Ladies

I've had problems with increased heartrate after dental anaesthetic for years...... 

I became very aware of it when I was on a certain type of AD, which required a low dose adrenaline anaesthetic.  Was fine on this alternative but suffered terribly once I had stopped the AD and reverted to normal anaesthetic :( Previous dentists thought that my high heart rate was down to anxiety but I knew it wasn't....

Pleased to say that my current dentist (Private - Not NHS,) is very happy to give me an anaesthetic which does not give me the same problems :)  I'm not very keen on visiting my dentist, (Well who is??!!) but I now have confidence in knowing that I'm not going to suffer with a rapid heartrate afterwards!  (Saying that -not had any work in the past 5 years ;D)

Valxx

Taz2

« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2011, 08:51:22 PM »

I have to mention this same heart rate problem to my dentist each time and she uses the alternative type which gives me no problems.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2011, 10:37:40 AM »

I need to:

clean my teeth
have a wash
check under my chin for hairs
check my top lip for hairs ...........  :sigh:

Taz2

« Reply #171 on: March 16, 2011, 05:47:42 PM »

Thanks for that Susan. I am sure it will be of help to CLKD who is having implants with sinus lift. They are not using her own bone though. I did post this link about sinus lifts and implants http://www.colgate.com/app/Colgate/US/OC/Information/OralHealthAtAnyAge/Seniors/DenturesAndDentalImplants/SinusLift.cvsp   I wouldn't mind having them but the cost is far too much for me I'm afraid.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2011, 12:12:28 PM »

He earned EVERY penny yesterday!  Even when the LA wore off and I could feel him sewing up  :'( ...... this morning I'm like sort of swollen as if I have been given a course of steroid treatment but only on one side of my face.  Sore.  No pain.  Nufofen+ yesterday and antibiotics for 7 days.  YUK.  I've even volunteered for the other side to be done but that won't take as long as there are no roots to recover. 

Eddie

« Reply #173 on: March 17, 2011, 12:20:35 PM »

Oh poor you, it made me cringe reading that. Yuo are very brave. Well done, now take it easy and look after yourself. Eddie. x

CLKD

« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2011, 12:37:47 PM »

I'm too young to consider dentures, it would make my life difficult.  My regular Dentist popped in yesterday during the procedure but didn't tell me he was there until I opened one eye through the goggles  ::) which I thought was nice on his day off.  At one point there was discussion on how to tie shoelaces  ::) ....... and how the kit is expensive so they hope not to drop nuts and bolts down the patient's gullet so shut GOB quick then  :D  ....... the girl with the suction was VERY good and they both worked quickly.  Unable to face much food today too much effort Hubby made pancakes last night which I managed to suck mid-evening  :-*

CLKD

« Reply #175 on: March 18, 2011, 08:47:23 AM »

I look like I've taken steroids !  half my face is swollen from below the eye to under my chin this morning  ::) .... the lower jaw aches.  My thighs ache were I tensed in the chair.  My throat is dry.  Off to do the mouth cleansing routine  :beaurk:   :crutch: hubby came back with tulips last night, [2 lips  ;) ] sore around the sutures  ::) whinge, whinge, whinge, ............  :-X

Taz2

« Reply #176 on: March 18, 2011, 05:22:16 PM »

Were you brave enough to ask where the bone came from CLKD?  :)  I am too young to consider dentures too but can't afford the cost of implants.  :'(

Hope that you are feeling less bruised now. My mate went into work the day after hers - the children in her class were very impressed and treated her like some kind of heroine!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #177 on: March 18, 2011, 09:14:05 PM »

Donated  ;) ... and there is a membrain over the whole area stitched in ....... the top gum is very sore tonight so took 1 Nurofen+ half an hour ago.  Had fish and chips for supper  :-*

Taz2

« Reply #178 on: March 18, 2011, 10:54:51 PM »

That's really good - wonder if you have to sign something to say you will donate a bit of bone when you die? Have never heard of it before. Great idea. Ooooh you could have had a cow bone!  http://www.dentalimplant.co.uk/blog/what-are-the-success-rates-of-using-cow-bone-for-bone-grafting

Taz x
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 12:50:03 PM by Taz2 »

CLKD

« Reply #179 on: March 19, 2011, 10:47:49 AM »

Thanks  ;D - well those fish and chips laid heavy, I hadn't eaten anything solid except 2 pancakes since Wednesday evening.  So the bowel has stopped working again and I felt so ill at 1.30 a.m., my stomach was really hungry too.  So I managed half a cup of tea and 1 fresh date, an hour later 3 ginger biscuits being careful not to eat on the affected side.  Still hungry but have managed half a soft bread roll stuffed with honey this morning ........  bruising has moved down the face now to the chin region!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30