Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!  (Read 107273 times)

viv

Re: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2011, 07:45:24 PM »

Ooooo er

Where do they collect the bone from?   :o
I dont like the sound of that one at all. Did they say CLKD.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2011, 08:16:08 PM »

Not sure if I can post this but can't see a buy  now button so am going to give it a go - better save it if you want to before it disappears. It says that collected bone is taken from a cadaver  :o http://www.colgate.com/app/Colgate/US/OC/Information/OralHealthAtAnyAge/Seniors/DenturesAndDentalImplants/SinusLift.cvsp

Taz x

viv

« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2011, 08:24:01 PM »

O good grief.

That decides it, if this ever happens to me I will have false teeth and a mug to soak them in and the stuff to stick them to my gums.

No way would I have that.
I am just way to squeamish   :o :o

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2011, 08:34:08 PM »

Can you donate teeth when you die?

Taz x

viv

« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2011, 08:36:37 PM »

Only false ones  ;)

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2011, 08:42:46 AM »

Oh Taz that's a step too far  ;D but has been in the back of my mind ........... feel slightly queasy now which is stupid as I'm a DONOR  ::)

So mine will be taken once I'm dead and gone ............. and I WON'T wear falsies  8)

Have saved the Link - thanks!

viv

« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2011, 10:20:01 PM »

Had daughter at the dentist. Poor soul needs four fillings. One large and three small shadows showing. The dentist has said her two years in braces have played havoc with her teeth.
She could brush but not floss and sometimes her mouth was so painful she could not do anything at all.
It seems such a shame that she has gone through so much to have nice straight teeth only to be left with all these problems.

She has two 40 min appointments and is dreading it.  :(

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2011, 08:45:08 AM »

I don't agree with braces  >:(  ........ it's a money maker!

I used to HATE the dentist but I'm not so bad now.  Mind you, by next week I'll not be saying that  ::)

Jamie

« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2011, 09:01:13 AM »

I had braces two years ago (51), had metal ones on for 12 months, the whole procedure cost me £2700. What a difference to how I look and apparently to how long my teeth are going to last me ... I couldn't clean my teeth properly before as they were so crowded and overlapped each other. There are great things you can use to floss with these days, go under bridges, braces and I see there is even an aqua flosser.

CLKD

« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2011, 10:47:56 AM »

Floss isn't allowed in this household, dirty filty habit  >:(  :sick02:......... my teeth are crowded too, had the option of braces 5 years ago but couldn't be bothered!  I don't see my face except twice a day  ;)  ........

Jamie

« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2011, 11:05:21 AM »

Eddie

« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2011, 11:30:16 AM »

Braces!!! My oldest daughter had ortho yesterday, all geared up for removal of brace, but no, this guy wants to keep them on another six weeks with bands, not a happy bunny. Eddie. x

Taz2

« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2011, 02:42:08 PM »

Yep I agree with Fleurie - I hate the inter dental brushes but use them everyday. As we get older then more care is needed to keep gums healthy and flossing or inter dental poking helps to do this. What is filthy about flossing?

Taz  :-\

Gobe

« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2011, 02:52:06 PM »

I had braces in my late 20's and have always used floss.  The amount of debris that can get trapped between teeth always amazes me and if it was not removed could cause bad breath and tooth decay.  Am a bit confused why you think it is a dirty habit CLKD.  I have always considered it basic oral hygiene.  :-\

Crescent

« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2011, 03:27:33 PM »

Has anyone ever read that report that says that gum problems can be a contributory factor to heart disease?   I can't remember all the details now but it did seem to make sense and have discussed it with my dentist usually when he's nagging me to be better about flossing :)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30