Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: To sleep or not to .........  (Read 9 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
To sleep or not to .........
« on: Today at 11:24:34 AM »

There are various ways of combating those awful not dropping off or laying awake for hours.  Apparently.

4 me it was to stop worrying about lack of sleep affecting my very busy job, it was after I had stopped work that I realised that in 8 years I hadn't enjoyed a 'good' night's sleep!   Now that I am retired with no alarm ⏰ to wait for, I sleep better.

We are advised to not lay in but to keep to a sleep routine.  Well for me I can sleep anywhere once my brain shuts off:  'experts' [how I hate that word] tell us not to doze but 4 me it helps a lot.  Those same people say to get up/go to bed at regular times. 

Shutting of blue light and not looking at stimulating films etc. can help some.  My routine is a deep bubble bath with book/magazine; then into a cool room and bed - fresh sheets help a lot  ::) - then put the electric blanket on to warm through my lower legs and feet.  Which although feel cold to me, they are, apparently, not!

There is an article in the Sat Times 'weekend' section about how to encourage a good sleep habit.  I don't know how to post links  ::) but there mayB some good advice to take on board.  Written by Peta Bee