Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Worrying scan results  (Read 543 times)

Pqow

Re: Worrying scan results
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2024, 06:14:13 PM »

Thank you. I do think I might be producing some of my own oestrogen, I’ve posted a thread elsewhere for advice.

Pqow

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2024, 06:15:31 PM »

Thank you 🙏🏻

Dr. Heather Currie

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2024, 10:01:28 AM »

Suggest that it is worth withholding any other treatment until you have had an assessment, which is likely to be soon. The scan findings could be a polyp, which are common and not serious. Also, the measurement very much depends on if you are still perimenopausal or postmenopausal, and what HRT regimen you were using.
I would not recommend buying hormone treatment online, including norethisterone--it can have side effects, and if used in the dose that is recommended to bring on a bleed, or stop bleeding, it is associated with an increased risk of deep vein blood clot.
It would be very unlikely that there is any serious findings, but suggest just waiting at the moment.

Pqow

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2024, 11:01:53 AM »

Suggest that it is worth withholding any other treatment until you have had an assessment, which is likely to be soon. The scan findings could be a polyp, which are common and not serious. Also, the measurement very much depends on if you are still perimenopausal or postmenopausal, and what HRT regimen you were using.
I would not recommend buying hormone treatment online, including norethisterone--it can have side effects, and if used in the dose that is recommended to bring on a bleed, or stop bleeding, it is associated with an increased risk of deep vein blood clot.
It would be very unlikely that there is any serious findings, but suggest just waiting at the moment.
Thank you, I will do that.
The radiologist report does say could be a polyp but couldn’t confirm. As well as other areas of small cysts.
I don’t know if I’m post or peri meno, when I started HRT I definitely wasn’t post meno. 2 years later using the gel in and off (and a very small amount) and the GP wanted to stop me bleeding for iron levels so put me on EvorelConti in April which triggered a heavy bleed every two weeks.

Thank you

Violetta808

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2024, 11:21:56 AM »

Plenty of excellent advice here already.

Try not to worry. I’m one of many women here who have been investigated for peri/post menopausal bleeding on the urgent two-week pathway - twice in my case! - and everything was fine. It’s just protocol.

From this and your other post it sounds like you are still in peri and have your own natural cycle going on. 16mm isn’t abnormal if you are not yet post menopausal. And, if you do have polyps or fibroids - both benign and extremely common - these can give a false thickness reading on ultrasound (this is what happened in my case). Fibroids can be very sensitive to oestrogen and cause troublesome unscheduled bleeding, as I have experienced myself.

If you were already having heavy periods they might suggest a Mirena coil, which I’ve not had myself, but many find it extremely effective.

I hope this is reassuring. What you are experiencing is really common around menopause.

Pqow

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2024, 11:34:38 AM »

Plenty of excellent advice here already.

Try not to worry. I’m one of many women here who have been investigated for peri/post menopausal bleeding on the urgent two-week pathway - twice in my case! - and everything was fine. It’s just protocol.

From this and your other post it sounds like you are still in peri and have your own natural cycle going on. 16mm isn’t abnormal if you are not yet post menopausal. And, if you do have polyps or fibroids - both benign and extremely common - these can give a false thickness reading on ultrasound (this is what happened in my case). Fibroids can be very sensitive to oestrogen and cause troublesome unscheduled bleeding, as I have experienced myself.

If you were already having heavy periods they might suggest a Mirena coil, which I’ve not had myself, but many find it extremely effective.

I hope this is reassuring. What you are experiencing is really common around menopause.
Thank you that’s reassuring.  I have been offered a Mirena but as I have a difficult to reach cervix I declined. However if they’re rummaging about they may as well pop one in!

joziel

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2024, 04:35:38 PM »

Yes defo get them to put a Mirena in. Hopefully they will give a local anaesthetic at least so it should be much more comfortable to get it fitted...

shrosphirelass

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2024, 07:36:45 PM »

I have had lots of instances of PMB whilst on HRT. I finally decided on a Mirena to try and control it and it has been much better for me. The bleeding stopped altogether after a few weeks  and my headaches have been better.

Pqow

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2024, 08:38:10 PM »

Thanks all, I’m hoping to hear about an appt soon.
Pages: 1 [2]