Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: First day of HRT  (Read 123 times)

JS79

First day of HRT
« on: Today at 06:39:21 AM »

Morning ladies, after 3yrs of symptoms, multiple trips to GP and A&E, mri's, ct scans and used as a pin cushion for bloods the day is here that we give HRT a go and see if these symptoms are perimenopause.
Away to go in the shower then rub my 2 pumps of oestrogel in, can't start my utrogestan this month as currently on day 19 of cycle so need to wait til day 14 next month.
I'm really nervous and I think I've maybe pinned too much hopes on this being some kind of miracle cure. I have my review with Newson Health booked for 3month time and hopefully by then my GP will have taken over the prescription, if not I'm happy to pay if it's doing me good.
I also had call from GP surgery yesterday as bloods back from the investigation into why for 20+ yrs my bilirubin is high and GP wants a routine telephone consult to discuss. I'm worried but assured if it was serious then he would have called me himself right away.

K45

Re: First day of HRT
« Reply #1 on: Today at 07:06:41 AM »

Good morning, I started hrt back in March and hope that like myself you find it helps relieve perimenopause symptoms. High bilirubin may be a benign liver condition called Gilbert's syndrome (GS) which can cause tiredness, jaundice and abdominal pain. I find it's usually triggered by viral illness, fasting, menstruation & high stress. Most people have no symptoms and it actually helps protect from heart disease and certain cancers. I found my GS symptoms got worse as perimenopause started but now I've been on HRT 5 months it's settled down. Hope your telephone consult goes well. As you say they would have wanted to speak asap if it was serious.

JS79

« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:19:44 AM »

Morning K, Gilbert's has been mentioned a few times but they have took bloods for a more detailed liver investigation just to make sure. I was about 24 the first time they noticed it and 45 now so not too worried. It does seem to have stayed high the last 6months when my symptoms have been worse. Normally mines sits between 22 and 44 so not too bad. I remember being jaundice after I had my son but as I'm a proud non sun loving Scottish woman I was rocking the tanned look for once 🤣

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:30:14 AM »

It shouldn't be this hard  :-\

:foryou:

K45

« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:44:09 AM »

Lol, tanned in Scotland would def stand out 🤣 Hopefully it's just perimenopause/GS and nothing serious elevating your bilirubin levels. I'm sure that they would want to see you in person if it was bad news. I read an article recently that bilirubin levels during perimenopause can worsen but the good news is levels drop usually drop off after menopause 🤞🤞

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:39:17 AM »

Well worth finding out if you have Gilbert's, it might explain a lot. Do a search on here for Gilbert's, there was someone on here who had it and there's some good information on it.

Mariab

« Reply #6 on: Today at 11:37:30 AM »

Hi Ladies, I also have gilberts my last bloods showed a level of 60.. but they didn't seem bothered.. might explain some of my symptoms.  :)

Mary G

« Reply #7 on: Today at 03:47:51 PM »

My sister and I have inherited Gilbert's syndrome from our father.  My sister didn't become aware of it until she was pregnant and I became aware of it in perimenopause.  Looking back at a blood test from the year 2000, I was borderline but Gilbert's is affected by menopause and that just tipped me over the edge.  I find it fluctuates a fair bit but there there are positives like protection against certain cancers and cardiovascular disease.  The downside of Gilbert's is IBS-D, fatigue, worse colds than other people and problems if you go without food for too long.

Transdermal HRT is important because it's better to bypass the liver.