Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Something's telling me to stay on Conti  (Read 141 times)

KaraShannon

Something's telling me to stay on Conti
« on: July 26, 2024, 12:23:23 AM »

I'm on Evorel Sequi but as some of you know, for two weeks of that regime you are on Conti patches.

I have to change back to estradiol tonight but something is telling me not to.  To remain on Conti.  I'm 54, still seem to have a cycle, but of late I feel like the stress relief I used to get once the conti patches started, it's not happening as much.  I always got the feeling the estradiol was good for me, but the combined patch was even better, as soon as I switched to it I was chilled out, energetic etc. 

Not getting that effect so much in the last few months but I feel it's because my body hasn't had time to 'recover' from estradiol only before it's back on it.  So perhaps it no longer wants the cycle or the estradiol only.

I also read that the norehisterone has some testosterone like effects as well as progesterone, so maybe that's why it has a beneficial effect.  It's always seemed like a double edged sword.  Made me chilled out and energetic, but by the time I'm due to change back to estradiol, there are the beginnings of prolapse symptoms, mild but an obvious difference. 

Oh heck I don't know.  I will change back to estradiol and get an appointment  ::)

Dotty

Re: Something's telling me to stay on Conti
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2024, 06:03:50 AM »

There’s no reason why you shouldn’t move to Evorel Conti. It is advised to move to Conti at your age. Give it a try and see if it works.

Booroo

Re: Something's telling me to stay on Conti
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2024, 11:28:58 AM »

I'm on Evorel Sequi but as some of you know, for two weeks of that regime you are on Conti patches.

I have to change back to estradiol tonight but something is telling me not to.  To remain on Conti.  I'm 54, still seem to have a cycle, but of late I feel like the stress relief I used to get once the conti patches started, it's not happening as much.  I always got the feeling the estradiol was good for me, but the combined patch was even better, as soon as I switched to it I was chilled out, energetic etc. 

Not getting that effect so much in the last few months but I feel it's because my body hasn't had time to 'recover' from estradiol only before it's back on it.  So perhaps it no longer wants the cycle or the estradiol only.

I also read that the norehisterone has some testosterone like effects as well as progesterone, so maybe that's why it has a beneficial effect.  It's always seemed like a double edged sword.  Made me chilled out and energetic, but by the time I'm due to change back to estradiol, there are the beginnings of prolapse symptoms, mild but an obvious difference. 

Oh heck I don't know.  I will change back to estradiol and get an appointment  ::)

I was on sequi for short while and couldn’t cope coming off the conti but so am on conti patches now