Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sertraline  (Read 520 times)

Penguin

Re: Sertraline
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2024, 11:58:23 AM »

Nope, taxi to airport, hoping the IT stuff now sorted as the airport is tiny with limited seating!

Penguin

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2024, 12:00:13 PM »

Shel-g, another thought is perhaps teach yourself some calming yoga breathing from YouTube. I've only got close to an actual panic attack twice and both times I was able to head it off by using breathwork. Make sure you look up calming rather than energising though.

Penguin

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2024, 02:00:44 PM »

Yes they block adrenaline or something like that and they lower my hr by about 10bpm. The internal shaky feeling goes away completely. The psych said they work for physical but they don't calm your brain down in the way something like diazepam does so if the anxiety is mostly mental/ cognitive (like mine definitely is) then an ad hoc benzo or longer term solution like ssri is better. I have a little toolkit now and have been taught what to use for each scenario. The physical anxiety was a new thing with starting the fluoxetine,  never had that before, very unpleasant.

shel_g

• First Flush
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2024, 05:31:09 PM »

Hi
Thanks it help to hear other people’s experiences, I already take beta blockers twice a day, have been on them for over a year now.  My CBT therapist is really good at explaining why I have the thoughts of dying and constantly worrying about my health, so hopefully some of the techniques she has given me will help. I have a follow up appointment with the GP next week to review the sertraline. 
Pages: 1 [2]