Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anxiety keeps returning  (Read 198 times)

Mariab

Anxiety keeps returning
« on: Today at 07:43:46 AM »

Morning ladies,
I have been on hrt for a year and antidepressants for 9 months but I am still getting anxiety dips every month so i had an appointment with the meno nurse and she suggested I go from 2 to 3 pumps of gel and not to let the anxiety trick me into thinking it's not working, well the first 3 weeks I felt great almost back to myself but Sunday it started again anxiety! Now 4 days in feeling pants...
Doesn't matter what I seem to do it keeps coming... any ladies have this experience? I'm scared this is always going to happen
 :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety keeps returning
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:55:34 AM »

Morning.  Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary?   R these anxiety moods cyclical for example?

How were U doing your regular menstruating years, I had ups and downs but knew it was 'that time of the month'.

Which AD was prescribed?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:21:24 PM »

You need to give it longer, my anxiety took 3 months to go. Suggest you keep a diary so you see what part of the cycle you're on when you get it. I've had to increase oestrogen twice over the years because anxiety and insomnia returned as my own oestrogen production declined.

Mariab

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:07:57 PM »

Thanks for the replies
Anxiety was  every middle of the month...but now its changed to the end  of the month..I have no idea where my cycle is as I have a coil fitted...but before periods were getting closer together and lighter only lasting 2 days...I am on citalopram 20mg and pregabalin lowest dose..I am now keeping a diary and have eaten rubbish foods lately as I felt better, maybe that's a factor..I will stick to the 3 pumps for a few months more and see if things improve... :)

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: Today at 03:36:20 PM »

Also make a note of your diet for 3/4 days and nights, we are allowed treats ;-).  However, since cutting out ultra processed foods my digestive system feels better. 

4 me anxiety surges can be caused when my body needs energy .

Mariab

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:43:56 PM »

Mmm that's interesting 🤔
I have just broken up for the summer as I work in a school as the cook and have been so tired but was dealing with it but I guess it may have got the better of me :-\ :)...I do have a habit of using processed foods as I cook all day from scratch I kinda get lazy at home cooking wise...
Maybe I shoild address this. :)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: Today at 03:48:18 PM »

Yep  ;D.

What kinds of foods stuffs can you turn out on a school budget?  Is it varied enough for kids?  Do the staff get to eat too?

Don't deny yourself though.  Gradually add more fruits/veg as well as dried fruits, DH munches on dates, pineapple and mango.  I read recently that we should be eating more pulses, sounds a bit 70s Hippy Like to me  ;D.

Also there are foods that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole  :D.  Did U go to College to train as a Cook, ours would remember that I didn't eat vanilla semolina so wouldn't allow 2nds of the chocolate flavour which I loved  >:( ::)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: Today at 03:49:55 PM »

Also if you think of how tired kids might B if they aren't given breakfast B4 school, hence the need for Breakfast Clubs: as well as seeing babies/toddlers crying when in the supermarket when it's near their feed times ...... we need to remember that adults require energy boosts too.

My eating problems began when young, partly because I would get hungry after school but would be told "If you eat now you will spoil your tea".  By then I was long past it = intense nausea .   :'(

Mariab

« Reply #8 on: Today at 04:06:18 PM »

Honestly all school meals are made with fresh ingredients and made from scratch..
Very healthy....my sausage rolls are legendary 😋..if the children knew how may vegetables were added to them  ;).
Adults do also partake...I do sometimes but do not always get the time...
Yes I did a college course which allowed me to learn on the job also...before that I worked in care for many years...
Luckily we don't serve semolina (yuck)  :D
I do agree that I should eat better and I have also heard about pulses but they don't look very appealing do they . :P

Minicat

« Reply #9 on: Today at 05:36:50 PM »

I've been on HRT too, and I had similar issues with anxiety. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right balance, and even with changes, it can be a bit of a rollercoaster.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: Today at 06:18:15 PM »

Pulses are Oh So Yesterday  ;D and nope, it's takes too much forward planning.

Give me roasted beetroot in fact any roasted veg.  :-*

Now: where were we  ;D

Mariab

« Reply #11 on: Today at 08:22:27 PM »

;D..
Yes enough about grub....any excuse for me to stuff my face :P
I do hope im on the right track to find a balance, dont really want to be up and down like this forever, it's very frustrating...
Are you still kn your roller coaster mini cat???,