Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Noticed a tiny spot of blood post meno and started again with meno symptoms.  (Read 147 times)

Jane44

Hi friends
I am 61 stopped having periods at 56/57 no HRT recently started with vaginal atrophy I think as very painful at times. Also occasional fishy urine. Then pins and needles toes and burning mouth syndrome and hot flushes. Went to loo yesterday and noticed a tiny spot of blood on wiping. None since worried to death as suffer with health anxiety. Should I see if it is a one off and get a smear which is due. Has anyone else had this thank you so much

Jules

If it was me, I would ask for a check up if only to get help with all your symptoms.  The blood could be from the atrophy but if your smear is due take advantage. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Morning.  As suggested do follow up your smear appt..

When do you notice an odour with your urine?  The 1st one of the morning may smell and be darker, the remainder of the day as we become hydrated should become clear - straw coloured is best with no whiff .   'fishy' during the day may be a sign of something that requires treatment.

Let us know how you get on. 

bombsh3ll

Please don't worry, endometrial cancer is rare and doesn't present with a tiny spot of blood. You would get persistent bleeding which can be heavy.

Untreated vaginal atrophy is more like to produce a tiny bit of blood on wiping.

I would suggest making a routine GP appointment and request an examination and start vaginal estrogen.

Don't use your smear test appointment for this (although it is important to keep this up to date). The nurse will not have the time to address specific symptoms, may not have the clinical skills to diagnose, is unlikely to be able to prescribe treatment and cannot directly refer you for any additional investigation if indicated.