Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Home test  (Read 199 times)

Mariamc

• First Flush
Home test
« on: July 23, 2024, 06:46:57 PM »

Hi all
I did a home Fsh test (bought in 2018 so could be out of date ) and the two tests I did came out negative
I’m 49 and the last 6 months have had -
Tossing and turning at night and waking up in a panic gasping for breath (I have sleep apnea but nothing like this before )
Random anxiety attacks varying in severity
Aches and pains everywhere including chest / breast
Muscle pain
No energy / extremely tired
Headaches
Tinnitus (the last few weeks )
I’m on the pill so I don’t know how my periods are

Please tell me this is peri and I am not dying 🥲🙏🏻

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Home test
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2024, 06:50:07 PM »

It's peri-menopause !

:welcomemm:  as oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry : inside and out; scalp, skin, nostrils, deep in the ears, vagina .... as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

Have U had routine blood tests recently to include thyroid function and VitD Levels?  What have U been advised with regards the sleep apnea, DH had this for a while: I would wake in the night because he stopped breathing  :o ...... our GP advised more exercise and weight loss!

Anxiety levels can become problematic during peri-menopause.  We have threads on most symptoms on the Forum.

How long have U been on The Pill?

Mariamc

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2024, 06:56:10 PM »

I’m on the pill  for about 15 years on and off but mostly on .
I went to a sleep consultant last year and tried CPAP for 3 months but I couldn’t tolerate it at all and that seems to be all there is
I had bloods done 3 months ago and thyroid fine - not sure about vit D , chelesterol raised so I have cut back on diet , starting doing some exercise etc and taking supplements

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2024, 06:58:34 PM »

That's a good start!  MayB add a daily VitD capsule to your diet, many of us are in the low range .  My symptoms were lacking energy: I would do 20 mins weeding then have to sit for 2 hours, I couldn't move.  I really thought that I had something terminal.  Blood tests showed low VitD and capsules brought the levels up.  Even though I am in the garden or walking so I was very surprised.

CPAP being ?  Was any advice given about how your bed should be situation, i.e. legs raised? 

Mariamc

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2024, 07:16:10 PM »

CPAP is a mask and breathing machine that you wear in bed , it’s the gold standard treatment for sleep apnea - very hard to tolerate though , I kept talking it off in my sleep  :-\
I will get a vit D so and see how that goes
Oh stop I awful health anxiety some days

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2024, 07:24:02 PM »

Health Anxiety is common apparently ......... U R not alone!

joziel

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2024, 08:48:08 PM »

Maria, FSH doesn't mean anything. I mean, it will tell you when you are definitely post-menopause because it will go really high. But it is not reliable to diagnose peri-menopause.

But the good news is that you don't need to diagnose it. Because you are 49. So we know you are in it. The guidelines in the UK are that any woman over the age of 45yo with symptoms which could be peri-menopause related be given a trial of HRT. So get yourself along to the GP and ask for your hormones back.

The pill is not giving you your hormones, by the way. It is giving you synthetic estrogen and a synthetic progestin. Neither are body identical. There are a couple of combined pills now available with body identical estrogen - one is called Zoely. However you are much better off switching to body identical HRT and if you still want birth control and can't use condoms, you can take the POP or mini-pill as well as HRT.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2024, 07:03:39 AM »

Morning.   :thankyou:  joziel

Mariamc - I too wouldn't want anything on my face for a long time, it's bad enough in the dental chair with people phaffing !!