Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My life has fallen apart  (Read 552 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: My life has fallen apart
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2024, 07:14:37 PM »

Do have a lookC at The National Association for Pre-menstrual Syndrome [NAPS] Dr Dalton did a lot of Research in the 1970s/80s about how hormone upheaval might affect us. 

Kathleen

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2024, 07:32:14 PM »

Hello again Starfish.

I have been on this forum long enough to remember other ladies who have been as desperate as you.  They went on to document their progress with the help of medics and other professionals.

I am not sure how to find the relevant posts but perhaps if you use the search facility you may come across them.  I recall some who needed the help of various mental health services, including crisis teams.  I remember how these ladies improved with the right  treatment.

I hope that you can get the help you need just as previous MM posters have done.

Keep messaging here if it helps you and the lovely ladies on this forum will support you.

Take care.

K.

Mariab

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2024, 07:53:20 PM »

Hi again Starfish,
I have been on pregabalin for 8 months and have stayed at the minimal dose, it does give you side effects for the first few weeks and then it starts to ease,
Along with the citalopram and hrt.. I also have had to incorporate self help as in meditation and excersise..
It has been a very hard journey and I have almost given up many times...but have given myself a good talking to and just got up and moved on with life even feeling really bad..I still have blips quite often but try and use the acceptance technique also.
I don't agree with your gp that there is nothing there can be done...
Did you say what hrt you have been on if any ? :)

alltheleaves

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2024, 08:01:18 PM »

You will get better , you need to tell yourself that and your gp shouldn’t say things like that .
There are loads of similar stories, where women have overcome this with the right treatment, I have been dropped into a full menopause after cancer treatment the last 3 months have been awful and I too am not able to get to work yet .
I am feeling a little more stable this last few days , maybe everything is coming together finally, I recommend eft tapping , it has helped me in terrible moments, brad on you tube has one for  everything even for the feeling that you won’t get better , i have done that one many times x
Pages: 1 [2]