Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Heat-related flare up: moisturiser advice welcome.  (Read 312 times)

hystergirl

• First Flush
Heat-related flare up: moisturiser advice welcome.
« on: July 23, 2024, 09:41:42 AM »

Hello all,

It's ironic that I was going to write a helpful post about my regime for dealing with our common enemy VA - and then a few days of getting over-heated (despite wearing skirts on a breezy beach walk and no underwear, eek) sets it off. I know if I can just calm down the vulval area I can get over this blip.

I only ever used Ovestin a few times due to stinging. Now I've restarted it, using a tiny amount as advised on here a while ago. I wonder if there's a good alternative to Yes Moisturiser - it doesn't work for me. Ayesha kindly posted ages ago that she uses Ovestin with something else to prevent stinging. Is Olive & Bee really OK for ultra-sensitive people like me? It's quite expensive, so.

Thanks in advance.

By the way: My VA started in February. It's taken a long time, but for the last six weeks I've been almost symptom-free: Vagifem every morning after a quick, diluted E45 wash. HRT Elleste Solo 2mg tablet. No underwear (not looking forward to winter!) Keep moving around (I work from home so this is easier for me. I sit at a desk and not moving makes the VA unmanageable.)

As other brilliant women on here have said: it CAN get better, we can enjoy life again. Also, accepting there will be flare-ups has helped me to relax and stay positive.

Be well.

Jules

Re: Heat-related flare up: moisturiser advice welcome.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2024, 09:54:43 AM »

I've used vagisil prohydrate but that's expensive. I've also used organic coconut oil mixed with olive oil but I smelled like yesterday's tea. I don't seem to be sensitive to anything though so I'm not sure. I'm currently using Yes mixed well in the palm of my hand with a bit of estriol cream daily and everything has been fine

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2024, 11:01:39 AM »

Morning.  MayB use a small amount several times a day to allow the vaginal tissues to absorb the product? 

There are specific 'rings' to sit on, like swimming float bands ....... allowing the buttocks to perch and the important bits to not be sat upon [meno brain this mornings, sorry  :-\ ]

hystergirl

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2024, 11:42:59 AM »

I've used vagisil prohydrate but that's expensive. I've also used organic coconut oil mixed with olive oil but I smelled like yesterday's tea. I don't seem to be sensitive to anything though so I'm not sure. I'm currently using Yes mixed well in the palm of my hand with a bit of estriol cream daily and everything has been fine

Thanks, Jules, that's helpful. Is it Estriol 0.01 or the 0.1 (Ovestin) you're using? I have both.

Oh and I can only imagine (thankfully) the coconut-infused aroma.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2024, 12:44:41 PM »

I use 'ovestin' .

Jules

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2024, 04:52:32 PM »

Thanks, Jules, that's helpful. Is it Estriol 0.01 or the 0.1 (Ovestin) you're using? I have both.

Oh and I can only imagine (thankfully) the coconut-infused aroma.

Its the 1mg. It's a proper nuisance having to do all this isnt it. Gone are the days when I could just dress and go.

hystergirl

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2024, 03:47:45 PM »

Jules, thanks for letting me it's the 1mg estriol you use. I've just started adding Epaderm as a moisturiser for when I'm out and about and it really helps short-term. What a lot of malarkey.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2024, 03:50:47 PM »

Maarlarky indeed !

Jules

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2024, 07:54:44 PM »

It is. I need an hour at bedtime to do my top and tail treatments. Good job I've no bed partner :)

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2024, 07:58:47 PM »

Mine goes off for a bath whilst I'm tarting up  ;D.  Apart from the glass eye, false teeth and wooden leg, I'm good 2 go by 11.30 p.m.  :D