Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Turmeric does it help  (Read 187 times)

Donnal1964

Turmeric does it help
« on: July 23, 2024, 12:40:34 PM »

I just wondered about peoples views on turmeric. I've started using it after long term spotting which the drs and tests found nothing wrong. However a Dr did suggest I try it. I've only been on it a couple of weeks and it does seem to be making a difference, for the first time in ages I had 4 days with no spotting or changes in discharge colour, last night I did seem to loose a bit of old blood in the bottom of the toilet but its back clear today with maybe the discharge being a light blush colour when I last went to the toilet. It does seem to be helping but I would love to know other peoples experiences

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Turmeric does it help
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2024, 12:43:31 PM »

How much and how are you taking Turmeric?

It has been used for Centuries in Asia but I'm not aware of any research done.  The powder also stains  ::)

It certainly won't do any harm, DH uses it in curry or rice dishes.

Summerwyc

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2024, 02:50:27 PM »

I'm not a huge fan of turmeric and have only tried it a couple of times in the past. But if it really helps, I might give it a try and include it in my diet

bombsh3ll

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2024, 03:40:09 PM »

Turmeric is said to be really anti-inflammatory and I do include it in my diet for both flavour and general health benefits however there is no good quality scientific evidence for using it to treat or cure any specific condition.

If you have had any pathological causes for the spotting ruled out and it is bothersome, why not ask your doctor for specific treatment? This could include progesterone, progestin or adjusting any hormonal treatment that you are already taking.

K45

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2024, 04:15:05 PM »

My GP recommended turmeric back in April and it's helped relieve joint pain. Apparently it's supposed to help reduce inflammation. I definitely prefer if to painkillers!

AKatieD

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2024, 04:47:14 PM »

Used it for years after a friend suggested it for the pets and after researching a bit decided to go for it for me too.

The advice was not to go for the commercial high strength tablets as they can have adverse affects over the long term. I don' t like golden paste so have always made my own capsules. Just make a big batch when watching the tv, simples

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2024, 04:50:45 PM »

K45 - what was your GP judging his advice upon?  I would B interested to know if there is any current/on going Research.  'cos I'm nosy  ;D

K45

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2024, 04:58:49 PM »

My GP uses it herself and I think there have been a few studies on turmeric's anti-inflammatory properties. if you google turmeric research studies there was one in 2017 & 2020.

quote author=CLKD link=topic=70223.msg953179#msg953179 date=1721753445]
K45 - what was your GP judging his advice upon?  I would B interested to know if there is any current/on going Research.  'cos I'm nosy  ;D
[/quote]

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2024, 06:20:58 PM »

:thankyou: