Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Doctor has proscribed me Estraderm instead of Evoral after dose increase?  (Read 146 times)

Berto77

I recently asked my GP to increase my HRT due to the return of my hot flushes which she reluctantly did. However when I went to collect the prescription I had been given Estraderm MX75. I have been using Evoral for 3 years now and I am happy with that brand and kind of estrogen. The estrogen in the Estaderm patches is still body identical but according to articles online it is also synthetic while the estrodiol on Evoral is made from yams.

I know the Evoral works for me, that the patchs stay stuck on and I prefer knowing it is from a natural source. Can I ask my GP to do a prescription for the Evoral 75 instead?

Evie606

Hi,
You can ask gp for Evorel specifically but you might struggle to get the patches as they can be a hit or a miss for being in stock.
I was given Estraderm instead of Evorel, it sticks well without a residue and I found it ok.
I’m now back on Evorel but to be honest I couldn’t tell the difference. Of course, you might be more susceptible to a change of patch but I have allergy/autoimmune issues and found it ok.

E x

Berto77

Hi Thanks for that, I could try them but I do get migraines a lot and prefer to not prevoke them with unnessesery changes. Also I would prefer an non synthetic form of estrogen.

Dotty

Oestrogen in patches is body identical.

If you have a combined patch then the progesterone is synthetic.

Berto77

@dotty

It is body identical but I think it is also synthetic https://www.biosynth.com/p/FE31861/35380-71-3-estradiol-hemihydrate

I would prefer an non synthetic version as in the Evoral Patches I usually use and have no issue with.

This website does not list Estraderm as Body identical https://www.onstella.com/the-latest/hrt/difference-between-bioidentical-hormones-and-body-identical-hormones/

« Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 10:44:33 PM by Berto77 »