Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Can I increase Estradiol 10mg vaginal tablet/ pessary to more than twice a week?  (Read 107 times)

Swanie

• First Flush

Hi all, this is my first post today so I hope that I do this correctly. I am 59 years old, post menopausal and have been using Estradiol vaginal tablets for 7 weeks now.  ( I was told it was the drug Vagifem.) However, the symptoms are returning like burning, irritated and needing to urinate frequently/ urgently, in particular this week, ever since I have come off the 2 week daily dose down to twice a week. My next gps appointment is in a week, but this is a long time to wait when you have symptoms and you don’t want to leave the house. Also I have been given different info from last 3 gps - the first one saying that I could stop pessaries after 2 weeks, the second suggested Yes Moisturiser for vulva which helps a bit and it was okay to use a pea sized amount of Estriol 1mg cream externally if needed, but the last one said that they did not recommend using Estriol cream and pessaries - although I said just a pea sized amount only if needed occasionally for external use only. ) I have tried researching for hours the amazing Dr Louise Newson podcasts and read the fantastic book by Jane Lewis, ‘My Menopausal Vagina’. In short, as I had a very rough night last night with frequent urinating, I was a bit panicky- Is it okay to increase pessary to more than twice a week until the symptoms calm down and use a tiny amount of Estriol Cream on the vulva if needed? Any tips would be great. Thanks

Ayesha

Swanie

• First Flush

Hi Ayesha, Thank you so much for this information.