Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Sea Buckthorn  (Read 21122 times)

kathryn22

Sea Buckthorn
« on: January 10, 2024, 05:49:33 PM »

Has anyone got any thoughts on taking Seabuckthorn when you are struggling with Vaginal Atrophy
Suggested to me by a contributor to another atrophy forum
Already have the generic GP meds with various degrees of success depending on the day/ weather/ time of day/ what’s for dinner🤣🤦‍♀️, yes, erratic.
Wondering if anyone else has taken this or any other supplements with any success?

kathryn22

Re: Sea Buckthorn
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 06:42:36 PM »

Hi Postmeno3
Yes just browsed and saw a few comments
Ironically it appears to help dry eyes and dry vaginas🤣 Who knew 🤔🤣
Think I might give it a go..

Minnie Mouse

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2024, 04:00:26 PM »

Yes, sea buckthorn is the one supplement that actually seems to work.
Very prone to morning nosebleeds due to drying nasal lining, & this seems to help.

DottyD68

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 11:40:21 AM »

I started using sea buckthorn several years ago for dry eyes, before I started HRT. Although I have had most of the list of menopause symptoms  ::) I have yet to experience VA (I pray I don't) and I have wondered if that is because of the sea buckthorn. I have no idea so this is probably not that helpful but could be linked?

It i expensive but I would say worth a try to see if it helps. I get it from Holland & Barratt on subscribe & save which makes it a lot cheaper.

kathryn22

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2024, 02:01:15 PM »

Thanks Dotty

merrygoround

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2024, 03:21:24 PM »

You need to buy it online from H&B.
I've used the H&B brand one for a year then tried to buy it in an H&B shop in person, the guy said they don't do Sea Buckthorn at all!
Thanks for the reminder to order it, great for dry eyes.

Northerngirl

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 03:52:45 PM »

This didn't help me...but hey ho were all different aren't we. Trial and error with all of these products isn't it!!!  What works for one doesn't work for another.

Ziggy

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2024, 07:13:49 AM »

Has anyone got any thoughts on taking Seabuckthorn when you are struggling with Vaginal Atrophy
Suggested to me by a contributor to another atrophy forum
Already have the generic GP meds with various degrees of success depending on the day/ weather/ time of day/ what’s for dinner🤣🤦‍♀️, yes, erratic.
Wondering if anyone else has taken this or any other supplements with any success?
I know this is an old thread  but your post did make me laugh Kathryn. Absolutely demented with this condition. Your "erratic " observations are spot on. Did you get any relief from the Seabuckthorn by the way?