Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Thinking of asking for hrt patches at 67yrs  (Read 69 times)

Calendula

Thinking of asking for hrt patches at 67yrs
« on: Today at 01:32:46 PM »

Hi all, I am interested in your opinions  please
I am 67yrs old, had a hysterectomy at 45yrs and went on hrt patches then got breast cancer at 50yrs and had to come off hrt. A couple of years ago started with niggling itching and burning I didn't know anything about va but eventually got dx and started with ovestin.
I have been on ovestin ( now estriol ) for14 months and I keep getting horrible flare ups, in-between flare ups its bareable but still miserable.  I am seriously thinking of asking for hrt patches because I don't think topical estrogen is enough. I did mention  it to one gp and she looked horrified and brought breast cancer risk up, the other lady gp I've seen is more sympathetic about va but it's very hard to get an app with her. My cancer was her2 positive  and estrogen negative.  Any opinions on going back to hrt after 17yrs (Pro or against) welcome.l hate my miserable life at the moment..

Minusminnie

Re: Thinking of asking for hrt patches at 67yrs
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:55:48 PM »

Just a thought but would it be worth first considering Vagifem or equivalent which contains estradiol rather than estriol but would still be a localised hrt. It might work better for you.

Ayesha

Re: Thinking of asking for hrt patches at 67yrs
« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:11:52 PM »

How often are you using the VA treatment, some of us here are on 5 to 7 day doses of Vagifem & Estriol together including a moisturiser.