Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Weird hand and foot thing  (Read 279 times)

EmmyWemmy

Weird hand and foot thing
« on: July 13, 2024, 07:37:36 PM »

Hi, ok I can find NOTHING about this on google, and the doctor didn't know/didn't care so I'm just really wanting to know if anybody has anything similar and if it really is anything to do with peri.

I started having an odd pulling sensation on the top of my left hand a while back. It's not painful but it's very, very annoying - just like someone is pulling the skin on the back of my hand under my ring finger and just holding onto it. It doesn't happen every day, but when it does happen, it's all day long. Anyway, recently, whenever this feeling happens in my hand, it now also happens in my foot! It's my left foot, pretty much in the identical position to my hand. Same feeling. It's so, so frustrating.

Anybody else have anything remotely similar? I can't be the only person in the world with this!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Weird hand and foot thing
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2024, 08:26:49 AM »

I have all kinds of strange intermittent feelings.  My feet feel cold all the while but DH says they are 'warm to touch'.  As my symptoms aren't painful nor do they last for long, I try not to focus on them.

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax ........

EmmyWemmy

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2024, 08:40:34 AM »

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not sure it's a lax muscle thing though because of the position and feeling of it. It's all so odd.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2024, 08:45:31 AM »

Is there altered sensation? 

MayB see a physiotherapist to check your cervical spine alignment, if nerves are impacted from top to bottom, it may cause weird feelings.  What is your sitting position for example, do U spend a lot of time in one activity? 

Also, how is your footwear?  Sometimes we need firmer support as we age  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2024, 10:32:04 AM »

Maybe a magnesium supplement might help?

EmmyWemmy

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2024, 09:25:21 AM »

I did take magnesium back along and it made no difference so I stopped.

I saw a physio for my neck and she said there was nothing wrong. (I told her about this weird hand feeling and she had no clue).

Penguin

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2024, 01:29:53 PM »

Look up menopause paresthesia and see if anything resonates. I had a lot of weird skin feeling things when I started peri.

EmmyWemmy

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2024, 02:43:07 PM »

Thanks, yeah, I've looked that up before and doesn't seem quite right as I don't have tingling, electric shocks or pins and needles. The only way I can describe it is imagine someone is holding the skin on the back of your hand and keeping hold of it. Not painful, just really irritating.