Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Blood tests results  (Read 1025 times)

orrla

Re: Blood tests results
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2024, 01:51:24 PM »

well, that's what I am on about here..

No units stated (read above) only 67..

from 67 to 300 is a long way so must be some different, but two other women have 88 pmol/l so close ..  others talk about 250 or 300..of what?!

Confused!

..it might be that 67 is a level of something different than 300 is..!?

Mary G

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2024, 02:06:20 PM »

..And may I ask all those who wrote here that they achieve 250 or 300 pmol levels:

what are you on and at what age, please?

Thanks!

I'm using one pump of oestrogen gel (Oestraclin which I buy from a pharmacy in Spain) 50mg progesterone gel (Darstin which I also buy from a pharmacy in Spain) and testosterone gel every day.

I reliably have an oestrogen blood level of 300 pmol (80 ish pg /mL) every year.  My base level of oestrogen without HRT is always about 70 pmol (20 pg/mL). 

I'm 63 and about 16 years post menopause. DEXA scan result very good and similar to someone much younger.

bombsh3ll

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2024, 02:09:49 PM »

67pg/ml is equivalent to 245.9 pmol/L.

So not bad at all.

However if it's 67pmol/L it's low.

That's why you always need not just the number but the units when interpreting results as these can vary between labs.

orrla

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2024, 03:03:44 PM »

67pg/ml is equivalent to 245.9 pmol/L.

So not bad at all.

However if it's 67pmol/L it's low.

That's why you always need not just the number but the units when interpreting results as these can vary between labs.

I'll tell them!  ...for £135 they should make some effort, I agree!

orrla

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2024, 03:09:48 PM »

..And may I ask all those who wrote here that they achieve 250 or 300 pmol levels:

Thanks!

I'm using one pump of oestrogen gel (Oestraclin which I buy from a pharmacy in Spain) 50mg progesterone gel (Darstin which I also buy from a pharmacy in Spain) and testosterone gel every day.

I reliably have an oestrogen blood level of 300 pmol (80 ish pg /mL) every year.  My base level of oestrogen without HRT is always about 70 pmol (20 pg/mL). 

I'm 63 and about 16 years post menopause. DEXA scan result very good and similar to someone much younger.

Interesting!

Is Darstin available in UK? ..never heard of it..

And, ifvyou are in Spain, how do you get Testosterone there..

I thought only in UK, US, and in Australia prescribe to women...?

Mary G

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2024, 04:56:11 PM »

Thanks!

Interesting!

Is Darstin available in UK? ..never heard of it..

And, ifvyou are in Spain, how do you get Testosterone there..

I thought only in UK, US, and in Australia prescribe to women...?

Professor Studd prescribed testosterone initially (I was a patient for years) but I bought the last batch in Gibraltar.

You can't buy Darstin in the UK but there is plenty of similar strength progesterone available there online.

If you had your blood tests in the UK, they are probably pmol.

orrla

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2024, 05:22:15 PM »

...but none in ge!....?

;)

AngelaH

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2024, 06:04:45 PM »

I think everyone, who takes estradiol orally in tablets should read Professor Studd, because according to him:

If oestradiol is taken as an oral tablet it is changed in the gut and the liver to a less effective oestrogen Oestrone
https://www.studd.co.uk/bioidentical_hormones.php

Estrone is the main estrogen, which is produced by the body in menopause and is not the same as estradiol. On my  opinion if a product is sold as estradiol it should remain and work in the body as estradiol only.

Should I really trust his information?

Cassie

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2024, 06:27:24 PM »

Thanks again Mary G. I am concerned now and thought 1 pump was sufficient but at times I have not been pushing the plunger all the way down, so now I am thinking, thats the issue.
Orrla I am sure your reading was in Pmol/L in which case it is lower than mine currently is. My Gynae suggested I would be better off taking a daily Progesterone but as Utrogestan taken 100mg daily is not ideal, I am going to need to explore other options & try to get my levels higher.
Does anyone have any idea what readings would be in ladies who do not take HRT at all? :-\

AngelaH

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2024, 06:34:45 PM »

Does anyone have any idea what readings would be in ladies who do not take HRT at all? :-\

My reading is 17-Beta Oestradiol
pmol/L 34.6 

Cassie

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2024, 06:44:58 PM »

Thank you Angela.
Regarding Testosterone, what is the significance of it, why do we need it & how much, etc? Anyone?

bombsh3ll

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2024, 08:43:55 PM »

I think everyone, who takes estradiol orally in tablets should read Professor Studd, because according to him:

If oestradiol is taken as an oral tablet it is changed in the gut and the liver to a less effective oestrogen Oestrone
https://www.studd.co.uk/bioidentical_hormones.php

Estrone is the main estrogen, which is produced by the body in menopause and is not the same as estradiol. On my  opinion if a product is sold as estradiol it should remain and work in the body as estradiol only.

Should I really trust his information?

Yes this is well known and in an ideal world everyone would be able to take it through the skin, however in reality the best form of estrogen is the one that each particular individual finds reliable, easy to use and affordable.

Personally I can live with a bit of estrone rather than the itching, mess, cost, time spent for gel to dry or patches that come off after half a day or require surgical dressings placed over the top!

Oral tablets do have a slightly higher risk of blood clots but the absolute risk is minuscule for healthy users.

AngelaH

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2024, 09:00:39 PM »

Yes
Well, if information is correct, they shouldn’t mention estradiol as the main ingredient, because it ends up in the body as estrone. I wouldn’t personally choose estrone for myself.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 07:54:06 AM by AngelaH »
Pages: 1 2 [3]