Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: On 12 pumps of gel my estradiol is…  (Read 1628 times)

Floral

Re: On 12 pumps of gel my estradiol is…
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2024, 11:34:50 AM »

You are right, hormonal imbalance somehow affects thyroid hormones, while thyroid itself continues to function properly. When I was in peri I had horrible insomnia, fatigue, anxiety and depression.  My thyroid test result came not looking good despite I never had any problems with thyroid in my life. That time I used Evegreen medical app and when my test results came on it there was explanation that something effected my thyroid hormones, but my thyroid itself was working fine. My estrogen wasn’t properly opposed by progesterone, in fact I was estrogen dominant, so after adding progesterone to my body, balance between hormones was restored and all the symptoms were gone, thyroid hormones were back to normal too.

Angel,  I so hope the progesterone will help me too!  Were you on Estrogen only?  Did you reduce your estrogen also?  Tk you for replying.

Floral

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2024, 11:40:36 AM »

Joziel, it’s so darn tricky!!  Prob best to do one thing at a time.  Re the thyroid hormones would you be best to work with Dr M to guide you?

AngelaH

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2024, 01:42:20 PM »

Angel,  I so hope the progesterone will help me too!  Were you on Estrogen only?  Did you reduce your estrogen also?  Tk you for replying.
I wasn’t on any type of HRT that time, because “estrogen dominance” is not recognised by NHS, so they don’t treat it until this condition becomes too dangerous to ignore it. Only progesterone was added to stop uncontrollable heavy bleedings, caused by a further drop of progesterone in peri, and suddenly for me it stopped the rest of my long list of symptoms, which I already had for decades, before my periods went through changes in peri. My own estrogen level remained sufficient enough to support all the functions to keep my body happy until I became menopausal, so that time I did not need additional estrogen at all.

To get right hormonal balance can be not so easy for some ladies, I wish you good luck with your treatment.  :)

Floral

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2024, 02:37:10 PM »

That explains it thank you! Best wishes

joziel

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2024, 05:34:23 PM »

Yes, I had (have?) endo (symptom-free at the moment) and was just stuck on desogestrel for over 10 years to suppress it. It sucked, I had zero libido, migraines and just felt flat. But I was too scared to come off because it kept the endo away.

Then I got hit by peri and low estrogen and started HRT and stopped the desogestrel and found that a hefty dose of utrogestan (300mg continuous) is keeping the endo away just as well, but allowing me to have my hormones back too. I could probably have done this 10 years ago and avoided taking desogestrel all that time, if only the NHS knew about natural progesterone...

Floral, so are your thyroid hormones okay now? Are you off thyroid meds? Did you start them, I can't remember? I'm a bit nervous to come off but think I might have built this up into some massive big deal here...  Yes I have an appointment with Dr Momi this coming Tuesday to see what he says about how to come off. I don't think he is very supportive of people trying to come off meds as usually thyroid patients can't, but I think I'm a different case...!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 05:41:00 PM by joziel »

Floral

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2024, 11:54:35 AM »

Joziel,  I am still on T meds, I’m on T4 62.5mcg, started at 50, Dr Momi tried me on v low dose of T3 which I do need but my headaches and anxiety were off the scale !!   So I tried extra 25 T4 and had to just add 12.5.  Then Covid hit last week so I’m not in a good place atm.  Think I have central hypo but prob is I will need T3 and worry how I’m going to take that.  It’s all pants and disrupts ones life so much!  Best of wishes for your upcoming apt x

joziel

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2024, 12:21:37 PM »

That all sounds a bit rubbish I'm sorry :( Have you investigated high/low cortisol problems as that is a frequent reason people can't tolerate T3? Have you done a 4 point saliva cortisol test?

Floral

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2024, 12:39:03 PM »

It’s horrid Joziel, I don’t know what’s going on.  Yes I had 4 point saliva cortisol tested in June and it was fine.  Bottom line I need T3 at some stage.

pepperminty

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2024, 05:55:22 PM »

How are you finding it pepperminty? Are you on oral because you couldn't absorb transdermal?

Hi,

ok at the moment thanks. I started on prempac ( the GP and me at the time didn't know much about HRT and the GP still doesn't)-  Prempac didn't agree with me and then i was given femosten. I haven't tried transdermal yet . Too scared to change in case it all goes wrong . My job is stressful and while F works and I am healthy- don't drink /smoke/ not overweight, my risk is still low. Once I get to 60 I will consider changing to transdermal.  But as I understand it the risks of oral HRT are lower than if I drank and smoked and was obese.  I get on ok with the progesterone in F and wish they would re introduce it here again. But apparently Louise Newson said there is no commercial interest . I wish some high profile person would create some interest then ! ::)

PMXX

joziel

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2024, 08:06:16 PM »

I agree, don't change if you've found something that works  :o

The problem with "commercial interest" is that capitalism is bollocks and drives the entire planet. It will be responsible for the end of the human race because it's behind global warming. Only things which make money are prioritised. And unfortunately there's no money in hormones. (There is in endless natural supplements and things that barely work but are heavily marketed.) Anyway don't get me started...

I might have just found something that works but it's 12 pumps of gel and a 50mcg patch which I don't think is very practical  ??? ;D Still, if all else fails I can come back to it  ;D Hopefully Sandrena will save the day. Or maybe I just need a ton of patches.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]