Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evril conti or bejuvi  (Read 105 times)

Clairenamik

• First Flush
Evril conti or bejuvi
« on: July 15, 2024, 07:35:49 AM »

Hi I started evril conti for a month but stopped due to bleeding I was prescribed bejuvi but never took it but went back on the patches which I have been on for a week, expecting bleeding to return .does anyone have any advice if the bejuvi is better? Thanks

Dotty

Re: Evril conti or bejuvi
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2024, 09:18:57 AM »

Hi are you post menopause...12 months without a period?

Bijuve is half the strength of Evorel Conti, so it depends on how much oestrogen you need.

Clairenamik

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2024, 11:18:06 AM »

Hi I am post I would say no period over a year my biggest issues are hot flushes and anxiety plus poor sleep waking with flushes so wondering which one will benefit me best?

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2024, 12:03:32 PM »

You will need to give any hrt 3-6 months to settle and feel the full benefits.  Bleeding is quite normal in this time.

Bijuve has a body identical progesterone. Evorel Conti has a synthetic progesterone. It’s really a case of which one suits you best.

We’re you taking any form of hormonal contraception in the 12 months when you were period free ?

Clairenamik

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2024, 06:04:11 PM »

No nothing in the past year no contraception. Thanks

bombsh3ll

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2024, 08:07:28 PM »

I wouldn't say one or other is "better" people respond very differently so what suits one may not suit another.

First off do you prefer a patch or a pill?

Transdermal estrogen is regarded as more physiological as it doesn't go through the gut or liver, which has a very slightly higher risk of blood clots, but if you have an active lifestyle especially if you swim, patches don't always stay on long, I could never keep them on and I prefer the ease and convenience of pills.

Whatever you decide, unless it's causing really intolerable side effects, it is best to stick with it for at least 3 months to settle in and properly assess it rather than keep chopping and changing.