Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Provera side affects  (Read 124 times)

Caggy

Provera side affects
« on: July 13, 2024, 08:11:54 AM »

I’ve been taking 5mg provera daily for about 3 weeks now and seemed to be doing ok. However, in the last few days, a couple of hours after I take it, I feel a bit breathless. Not gasping for air or anything like that, but something definitely off, like my breathing is more laboured. I didn’t  take one yesterday to make sure it was definitely the provera and I was fine. Has anyone else experienced this? Do I tough it out and see if it goes once my body  is used to it or is it quite a serious red flag? Can’t get to see docs for another week! Gutted if I have to come off it as I seem to be tolerating it well compared to utrogestan.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Provera side affects
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2024, 11:21:08 AM »

Is this cyclical because prior to my periods I would feel 'breathless', probably hormonal for me.

bombsh3ll

Re: Provera side affects
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2024, 02:02:13 PM »

I would contact your GP - any new breathlessness should be checked out to exclude serious medical issues. Fluid overload comes to mind if it follows the dose and was absent when you skipped it.

I don't want to worry you and it really doesn't sound like it from your description, but a blood clot on the lungs (pulmonary embolism) is something you wouldn't want to miss.

That is also a relatively high dose of provera to be taking every day, long term.

A typical continuous dose within MHT is 2.5mg.