Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Morning anxiety and fatigue  (Read 381 times)

kittydaydream

Morning anxiety and fatigue
« on: July 14, 2024, 10:39:35 AM »

Just wondering does anyone else get crippling fatigue where you wake up groggy, disoriented and feel like you’ve had no sleep?! Also on waking mega anxious, sometimes it goes away sometimes it lasts all day!

joziel

Re: Morning anxiety and fatigue
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2024, 10:46:09 AM »

Are you on HRT? This is very common as estrogen gets lower...

kittydaydream

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2024, 10:59:58 AM »

Yes should have said, I’m on Utrogestan and estraderm 100 which is high isn’t it so I feel like I’m dying! I’m peri still also

Nas

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2024, 11:05:10 AM »

Yep, me! Awful feeling🙁
No HRT for me, not allowed.
I take CBD oil, perks me up no end 😉

The joys of meno. An actual pile of s**t!

kittydaydream

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2024, 11:12:34 AM »

Bloody horrendous isn’t it!

Nas

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2024, 11:37:43 AM »

It could be high cortisol levels?
There are various supplements which are meant to lower cortisol, but it’s probably low oestrogen causing it. Are you absorbing okay from the patches? Might be worth reviewing your regime? You are also peri, so fluctuations won’t be helping.

joziel

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2024, 11:41:53 AM »

kittydaydream, it doesn't matter what the dose is - what matters is whether you are absorbing it and what your serum estradiol levels are. Have you had bloods done? That would be the first thing to do. If you still have periods, get the bloods done during your period because it's when your own estrogen will be lowest so you will see what you are getting from the HRT better.

I was on 12 pumps of gel, where 4 pumps is the max licensed dose - and my serum estradiol was 328pmol That might have been enough for some people but often during peri we need higher levels to control symptoms, between 450-650pmol. I've now been switched to Sandrena to see if I can absorb that better without ridiculous amounts. I might need oral if not...

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2024, 11:56:43 AM »

Yes me! I really dread the feeling I experience when I wake up in the morning after a night of very broken sleep, sweats and nightmares...

I thought it was just me as I have M.E and currently in a bad relapse so to wake up unrefreshed is my normal.........but this feels extra weird and its really unpleasant and really quite distressing to be honest. Feel really disorientated, drugged, heart pounds, like I'm not in my own head....its flipping horrid.

Too scared to go on HRT....the daily horror threads on here are enough to make me avoid...I'm ill enough with my M.E.

Least I know what it is and that I'm not alone. I'm used to feeling crap daily anyway.

Huge hugs buddy

Xxx

kittydaydream

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2024, 11:57:18 AM »

Nas, perhaps cortisol yes! I’ll book a review of my regime and ask for a blood test, I’m not sure if I’m absorbing well! This has all ramped up since I had Mirena removed 3.5 months ago so that seems to be what triggered all this!

kittydaydream

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2024, 12:01:41 PM »

Thanks Joziel, I’m not sure about absorption but your experience tells me how much you can need when super depleated! I’m going to ask for a blood test to check levels. I have estrogen gel I can add to patch, do you think it’s worth adding that or to wait for a blood test as god know when that can be arranged!

kittydaydream

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2024, 12:04:27 PM »

Thanks Dorothy, hugs back at you! I honestly dread waking up, like you say the banging heart and generally feeling like death are just awful! It does help to know others feel as scared by it as me! 🙄

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2024, 12:05:37 PM »

Cortisol = the waking hormone.  Would leave me shaking and nauseous for hours when woken suddenly around 3.00 a.m.

I am fatigued due to busy involved dreams ........... my head wants to stay on the pillow to catch up  :-\.  Once out of bed I feel a little less hung over!

joziel

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2024, 12:20:46 PM »

It depends if you think your GP is happy to prescribe above 100mcg patch, since that is the max *licensed* dose a lot of GPs just don't want to go higher and you end up needing to be referred to a meno clinic. Which takes forever on the NHS. But there's no point adding another pump and then running out of gel and your GP refusing to give you more... You could go to a private meno clinic online and be seen immediately... then they write to your GP and tell them what to prescribe. That's what I do.

Tracy t

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2024, 12:31:03 PM »

I'm do glad I'm not alone with this i feel terrible in a morning like I've got a hangover and had no sleep at all I gave breaks in the night with the sweats and my dreams are so very vivid and sometimes scary I'm exhausted in the day at times but I can't sleep either I'm not taking anything I was going to try the CBD oil too may have to give it a try I don't want to go down the hrt route if I can help it wat us woman have to go threw men wouldn't survive 😂😂

kittydaydream

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2024, 12:48:17 PM »

Yes I get those other things too! Truly frightening! If this happened to men gp training and treatment would be better! Like you say it does help to know that others feel like this 🙏
Pages: [1] 2