Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New here, hello  (Read 182 times)

Jaffacake

• First Flush
New here, hello
« on: July 12, 2024, 04:46:13 PM »

I’m 53 and my health has all gone a bit bonkers in the last 3 years. I initially saw my GP about menopause symptoms, mainly sleep related and she put me on patches. Im glad to say I had almost instant relief from night sweats and insomnia.  At the same time my GP tested my thyroid and discovered I have hypothyroidism so am taking thyroxine for that as well.

Over the past 3 years I have tried continuous HRT (which caused irregular bleeding so am back on the sequential). This year I have also been prescribed vagifem and testosterone. All in all I think my menopause symptoms are under control but it’s hard to know with the added hypothyroidism.

In the past week I have been diagnosed with Lichen Sclerosis which has been a bit of a blow. I’m currently on 2x types of antibiotics as well as steroid cream to try to get it under control.

Looking forward to hopefully learning and sharing with others in similar situations.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New here, hello
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2024, 05:33:25 PM »

:welcomemm:

Your symptoms are often discussed here.  The Change can throw up real conumdrons!

Did U have a biopsy to diagnose Lichen Sclerosis?  There are several threads on the Forum.

How is the vaginal atrophy with 'vagifem' which can B used every night should it be necessary.  We have [many] threads about that too  ::)

Some find that keeping a food/mood/symptom diary of use.  Browse round.  Make notes!

Jaffacake

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2024, 06:39:51 PM »

Haven’t had a biopsy but the white patches are visible and the symptoms fit.

I thought the vagifem was working for the VA but have stopped it for now until we sort the LS.

One of my biggest issues is hair loss, again though not sure if it’s caused by peri or hypothyroidism.

I would also love to stop having periods! 40 years of them feels like enough 😅

Will have a look around, thank you ☺️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2024, 07:14:09 PM »

There is a support group for Lichen Sclerosis - mentioned in 1 of the threads on the Forum.

Hopefully some1 will be along.