Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Question please  (Read 318 times)

Booroo

Question please
« on: July 12, 2024, 08:13:08 AM »

I’m almost 52 peri one ovary shut down other still active,had scans and biopsies last year and smear all ok
What I’m asking is if on Evorel conti patches for.an out 4m then changed to different hrt then a different one then back to Evorel conti does the 6m reset as it were? My period is always pretty much same time every month getting lighter and shorter so had one couple weeks ago like that and this week swollen boobs and feel periody down below and have bit brown stuff which u sure I’d will go onto period? I use vagirux 5/7 and yes ,have just turned down the coil as said patches working lol but have tummy acc he so thinking this is me not hrt? What’s opinions on 6m reset cos don’t want to be doing it all again
Thanks

Dotty

Re: Question please
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2024, 12:16:55 PM »

Do you mean the 6 month time scale for allowing hrt to settle? If so, yes it resets every time you change hrt.

We’re you 12 months period free before starting on Evorel Conti ?

Booroo

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2024, 01:07:04 PM »

Do you mean the 6 month time scale for allowing hrt to settle? If so, yes it resets every time you change hrt.

We’re you 12 months period free before starting on Evorel Conti ?

Yes that’s what I meant thanks
Not exactly no but can’t cope on sequi as need constant supply of both hormones when I go to one it floors me

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2024, 02:04:30 PM »

Ok … so yes the 6 months starts again.

bombsh3ll

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2024, 03:26:25 PM »

If you have never been bleed free for 12 months then you are not postmenopausal and don't have to keep getting investigated if you bleed beyond 6 months of hormone therapy - that's nuts!

Typically those who are still having endogenous ovarian activity are prescribed cyclical HRT for this reason, however as you are aware, bleed pattern is not the be all and end all, and some women choose continuous for other quality of life related reasons.

The trade off for this, if you are not yet postmenopausal, is that some irregular bleeding is to be expected.

This is not pathological and doesn't require repeated investigation.

Booroo

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2024, 04:18:06 PM »

Ok … so yes the 6 months starts again.

Thank you x

Booroo

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2024, 04:18:27 PM »

If you have never been bleed free for 12 months then you are not postmenopausal and don't have to keep getting investigated if you bleed beyond 6 months of hormone therapy - that's nuts!

Typically those who are still having endogenous ovarian activity are prescribed cyclical HRT for this reason, however as you are aware, bleed pattern is not the be all and end all, and some women choose continuous for other quality of life related reasons.

The trade off for this, if you are not yet postmenopausal, is that some irregular bleeding is to be expected.

This is not pathological and doesn't require repeated investigation.

Thank you x

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2024, 04:23:36 PM »

I’ve just logged on to say what bombsh3ll has said….if you’re still in peri then the likelihood is that you will bleed on Conti hrt. Unfortunately, a continuous regime won’t stop the bleeding.

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2024, 05:41:26 PM »

If you want to be bleed free your most effective option is a mirena.