Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Peri at 51 - Periods!  (Read 187 times)

Elle73

• First Flush
Peri at 51 - Periods!
« on: July 11, 2024, 03:16:38 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm new here!
This will no doubt be a question that has been asked 1,000 times already on this forum but am wondering if this pattern seems familiar/normal to other women in the same age bracket. My periods over the last 2 - 3 years have been fairly consistent. By this I mean mostly predictable with a few quite heavy days and then it tapers off (5 - 7 days).
Over the last six months I've noticed the length between is getting a bit longer and I feel that they haven't been has heavy (ie no flooding & more like periods I had as a teenager). I had a period in early April and then nothing for a few months. In mid June I had a fairly short & light period (to my surprise - I was expecting it to be heavy given the missed months). After this, I had a few weeks of brown discharge (it felt like my period didn't ever finish completely). Not a lot but enough to wear a liner each day.
A few days ago (so early July) the discharge ramped up into a full blown period. Heavy brighter read bleeding with cramps, skin breakout, etc.
Does this sound like a normal pattern for someone who is (I would assume) in peri?
Also, has anyone noticed that their PMT happens actually during their period rather than in the lead up to it starting?
I'm glad I found this forum, there is so much good info and really helpful contributors!

sheila99

Re: Peri at 51 - Periods!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2024, 07:51:32 AM »

The only thing that's normal in peri is that everything will go haywire. Nothing you've experienced would be unexpected. Welcome to the roller coaster  :).

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2024, 12:50:50 PM »

I am 50 this month and still having regular periods, albeit much shorter and lighter. My PMT used to start 10 days before period, now it starts 2 days before but I don't feel better until period is over.

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2024, 04:16:52 PM »

Yes. Completely and totally normal. 100%

...mine were exactly like yours.

Xx