Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Low vs high estrogen  (Read 310 times)

kittydaydream

Low vs high estrogen
« on: July 10, 2024, 11:44:59 AM »

Hi ladies, some advise please, I’m on estraderm 100 and have overwhelming fatigue and anxiety, I thought it might be withdrawal from Utrogestan but it’s been 18 days so I’m wondering if my estrogen is too low or too high? Is it possible to know without a blood test? Any advice gratefully appreciated 🙏

Hurdity

Re: Low vs high estrogen
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2024, 06:54:33 PM »

Hi kittydaydream

High oestrogen is not likely to cause fatigue and anxiety - it is an energising hormone and should lift mood. Could there be another reason for your fatigue? Virus? Vitamin or mineral insufficiencies?  Thyroid problems? If you are peri-menopausal maybe your own cycle is kicking in?

Depending on the symptoms that led you to start HRT - if you had flushes and sweats for example - if these have been banished by the patch then your oestrogen is unlikely to be far too low, though sometimes the minimum dose needed to eliminate these obvious symptoms is not necessarily the best "feel good" dose and some women require more than the minimum to feel at their best. Nevertheless 100 mcg is quite a high dose, notionally and would be surprising eg if you were not absorbing a relatively decent amount ( whatever that might be?!).

Also depends how long you have been on this particular regime, and how long you've been taking HRT in general as well as where you are in menopause, all of which will have some bearing on how you feel at any given time.

Hopefully it's just a blip and you will improve soon :)

Hurdity x

kittydaydream

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2024, 08:04:00 PM »

Thanks for your reply Hurdity! I’m still peri and some symptoms have been helped by estrogen patch, I was on mirena until 3.5 months ago but had anxiety which I thought Utrogestan might calm but instead a couple of months after starting it anxiety started to increase so I stopped taking it 18 days ago then the anxiety and fatigue went through the roof! I’ve booked to get mirena again as I was most stable on that combination. I’ve not had vit levels of thyroid checked recently so I will get those checked.

AngelaH

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2024, 08:54:18 AM »

Fatigue and anxiety are caused by hormonal imbalances and not by a certain hormone. I had those symptoms in peri when I had too much estrogen in my body (naturally created by my own body) And I had the same fatigue and anxiety in post meno when my estrogen dropped down significantly, but progesterone was still OK. Because symptoms are so similar it makes hard for us to understand which hormone creates imbalance. Unfortunately taking HRT doesn’t not guarantee right balance between hormones, for some ladies it can be very hard piece of work.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 03:56:39 PM by AngelaH »