Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Sequential hrt missed period?  (Read 129 times)

K45

Sequential hrt missed period?
« on: July 10, 2024, 02:25:21 PM »

Hi ladies, I'm currently on my 5th month of sequential hrt. The first 3 cycles I bled a few days after stopping then last month was early. I'm now 4 days on from finishing utrogestan and apart from the tiniest amount of spotting not had anything...is this normal? Thanks x

Hurdity

Re: Sequential hrt missed period?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2024, 06:29:39 PM »

Hi K45

Perfectly normal. However it would be instructive to know 1) your oestrogen dose and delivery method 2) Ditto Utrogestan 3) where you are in natural menopause .

There is always a certain percentage of women who do not bleed on sequential HRT and this is more likely to occur ( ie missed bleeding) for women in late peri-menipause or post menopause who are on at least the standard lecensed dose of progestogen and low to medium oestrogen dose. Lack of bleeding on a licensed regime is not usually an issue - it is bleeding at the wrong time and/or heavy bleeding that can be a cause for conern.

Hurdity x

K45

Re: Sequential hrt missed period?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2024, 06:39:11 PM »

Many thanks Hurdity for the reassurance! Very helpful indeed to know that this is not something to stress over.

I'm on 2 pumps oestrogel daily and 14 days 200mg utrogestan. Currently in perimenopause x