Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Recurrent thrush and six month course of Fluconazole  (Read 3697 times)

Crochet

• First Flush
Re: Recurrent thrush and six month course of Fluconazole
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2024, 07:57:05 PM »

No the thrush isn’t itchy or any discharge. Was just worrying if I used the loading dose would the fluconazole be able to work cos everywhere would be coated in cream so nothing for it to adhere to. Don’t you tie yourself in knots.
I have the yes moisturizer but that also burns.
Thankyou so much for replying x

Minusminnie

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2024, 06:47:12 AM »

No the thrush isn’t itchy or any discharge. Was just worrying if I used the loading dose would the fluconazole be able to work cos everywhere would be coated in cream so nothing for it to adhere to. Don’t you tie yourself in knots.
I have the yes moisturizer but that also burns.
Thankyou so much for replying x

Maybe think of it as attacking things from two different directions.  The oral tablet coming in systemically and the estriol cream acting transdermally.
You may find that the Yes moisturiser stops burning after the estriol begins to work or you may need to try a different moisturiser. Yes do samples of their different products.

Crochet

• First Flush
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2024, 07:34:05 PM »

Hi Thankyou for replying. My thrush swab came back clear and I have 4 months left of  fluconazole. I’m sure that is what is making me sore. Going to ask gp if swab clear if I need to carry on taking it.

Which litmus papers should I buy. And can I ask if your vagina ph is out of balance what do you put in there to bring it back in line.
Many thanks x

Ayesha

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2024, 09:46:40 PM »

Not sure why you need litmus paper unless I've missed something.
To get the vagina back on track is to use the oestrogen, your best weapon.

Ann c

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2024, 05:56:01 AM »

Hi all I am having trouble with recurring thrush just wondering is there a link with vaginal atrophy

Minusminnie

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2024, 09:21:11 AM »

Emzib0b

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2024, 02:14:35 PM »

Hi Thankyou for replying. My thrush swab came back clear and I have 4 months left of  fluconazole. I’m sure that is what is making me sore. Going to ask gp if swab clear if I need to carry on taking it.

Which litmus papers should I buy. And can I ask if your vagina ph is out of balance what do you put in there to bring it back in line.
Many thanks x

Hi Crochet,

That’s great news that your swab has come back clear. If you’re still sore it could be that the inflammation caused by the thrush needs time to settle down, but if you also have VA it can take a little while to improve after starting the estriol cream.

I’m two months into my course of Fluconazole and I’m still getting thrush >:( According to the last swab the Candida is sensitive to Fluconazole so I’ve been instructed to just keep on taking the meds! I’m having to use Clotrimazole pessaries as well as needed and they seem to do a better job…but the thrush still comes back 😩

Re the litmus paper…the first time I just bought a book of litmus paper strips on EBay. I recently started a new brand of probiotics and it came with two pH testing sticks. The reason I checked is because I’ve been getting desperate to find out what’s going on down there! I found a paper (linked in page 2 of this thread) which said in the absence of infections such as BV, a raised pH is linked to low oestrogen in menopause.

I hope you get some relief soon from the soreness. I know just how much it can play on your mind and get you down.

An update for the ladies who recommended restarting vaginal oestrogen…my GP agreed to  prescribe estriol cream a few weeks ago, but I’ve been told not to use it vaginally while I have thrush, vulva only.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]