Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Starting ultrogestan and Evorel patches  (Read 133 times)

marstech

• First Flush
Starting ultrogestan and Evorel patches
« on: July 09, 2024, 11:05:56 AM »

I have just picked up my first prescription for Ultrogestan and Evorel and have a question about what to take when. It says to take Ultrageston on day 15 to 26 of cycle. I do not have a cycle as I have not had a period for months. Should I put the patches on for 15 days and then start taking Ultrogestan for the next 11 days. Or should I start taking the ultrogestan on the same day as starting the patches - for 11 days?
Also picked up prescription for Estradiol pessaries. Really embarrassed to ask but should my husband not be a cunning linguist while I am in this?

Helenmelon1974

Re: Starting ultrogestan and Evorel patches
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2024, 01:08:04 PM »

I have just picked up my first prescription for Ultrogestan and Evorel and have a question about what to take when. It says to take Ultrageston on day 15 to 26 of cycle. I do not have a cycle as I have not had a period for months. Should I put the patches on for 15 days and then start taking Ultrogestan for the next 11 days. Or should I start taking the ultrogestan on the same day as starting the patches - for 11 days?
Also picked up prescription for Estradiol pessaries. Really embarrassed to ask but should my husband not be a cunning linguist while I am in this?

Start the patches and then on day 15 take the Utrogestan. I would say it wouldn’t taste too good for your DH so maybe put the pessary in after 🙈

Helen x

marstech

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2024, 02:29:02 PM »

Thanks so much for your help 😊

marstech

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2024, 07:05:31 PM »

What day would I expect to have a bleed? If I take the progesterone on day 15 would that bring on bleeding a few days later?

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2024, 07:20:42 PM »

Hi marstech

:welcomemm:

The bleed from the HRT should come towards the end of the progesterone cycle or ideally just after you stop it - it is the fall in progesterone that triggers the bleed. If your own cycle makes an appearance at the "wrong" time then you may bleed at a different time!

Hurdity x