Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: 14 days of light bleeding  (Read 373 times)

Binny22

• First Flush
14 days of light bleeding
« on: July 09, 2024, 06:14:25 AM »

Hi there iam new here. Just turning 42 in 3 months time. Since last year I have noticed change in my period pattern. No problem with my periods previously always on time but last year Feb there was a big jump, periods got late by 14 days and then all was good .. few cycles were heavy... I started on iron tabs and since last year November all was going okay .. also noticed cycles are now 7 days not 5 as they were until i was 40.
 Last month  June when my period came they were 9 days late started on 26 th and were lighter and by the 7th day I started spotting again for 2 days and then lighter bleeding happened for 3 days and now reduced to spotting ... iam wearing a liner but I find spotting when I wipe after peeing .. today I didn't find any blood for atleast 3 hours when a went to the bathroom trips, I thought it's gone, however spotting came back small amount.
I went to my GP last Friday as period got long.. he said will check the cervix ( appointment given 16 july for pap test) however, my hpv screening has been done this mid March which was normal no hpv detected. Iam regular with my smear test since 2010 every 3 years. All were normal. He also said it's a prolonged period not mid cycle bleeding and was talking about progestin.
Iam so stressed .. sometime thinking the worse... iam falling apart, panicking
Is there anyone on the same boat..
Please advise is it peri iam dealing with?
Your suggestions will be of great help specifically for my mental wellbeing
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 06:43:26 AM by Binny22 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 14 days of light bleeding
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2024, 08:43:42 AM »

Hormones  ::).   :welcomemm:   My periods waxed and waned.  For several years, normal; spaced apart; alternate months more or less.  When I was in my menstruating years I would have very heavy, clotty periods with excruciating pain, for 7-10 days.  A break of 2 then a brown stain so obviously the hormones weren't enough to push the period through completely.

This was normal for me and I never worried.  10 days later it would all start again!  >:(

Browse round.  Make notes.  Read the vaginal atrophy threads, 4warned is 4armed ;-).  If U get the Pap test this month you will have a base line to work with.

In the meantime check your diet, fluid intake, exercise regime etc..  During The Change we sometimes need to make small alterations to accommodate hormonal upheavals.   

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Let us know how you get on.

Binny22

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2024, 08:50:59 PM »

Thank you so much for replying and making be feel so much better. :) I will read the topics you mentioned and do necessary changes in my lifestyle.
I will share how the things played for me.. thinking positive ☺️ and looking for a great outcome.

Many many thanks for sharing your experience 🙏

VioletAquarius

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2024, 09:22:39 PM »

It sounds like peri to me, although best to get checked out, although I never did, I just knew it was 'peri'.

I was very regular and then one month I came on 1 week early, and it all started from there.

My periods were all over the place, light spotting to flooding, with or without clots, each lasting from a few days to weeks at a time, once I had one for a few months, it just wouldn't go! My cycles were anything from about 2 weeks to months at a time also.

Binny22

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2024, 03:45:09 AM »

Thank you for reaching out. I guess it's peri.. my GP was not worried said there is a time when women cycle changes. He looked at my hpv screening results which was done recently 3 months back and it was negative so told me we may be we can get you on progestin.

No one prepare you for this phase, there should be more awareness about this period of your life as you panic if there is a sudden change in your body pattern.

Iam glad I joined this forum.. I get to know that I am not alone in this journey.

bombsh3ll

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2024, 05:45:35 PM »

If you have no contraindication to estrogen you may wish to consider asking your GP for the combined pill rather than a progestin alone.

It is more effective for either regulating, or if taken continuously, eliminating bleeding, and as it contains estrogen can result in superior bone health and quality of life in perimenopause vs a progestin alone.

Binny22

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2024, 04:28:10 AM »

Thank you dear. I will definitely ask about this.. just reading so much about all this ... the pros and cons of taking the hormones..