Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Utrogestran and late period  (Read 100 times)

monster85

• First Flush
Utrogestran and late period
« on: July 13, 2024, 04:37:39 AM »

Cyclical utrogestan and late period.

I’m on HRT to PMDD. I’ve just finished the 3rd month of oestrogel and utrogestan. I had a really awful experience with utrogestan this month and will be discussing with the GP but they’re about as much help as a chocolate tea pot. My period is now 3 days late which doesn’t sound a lot but my periods have ALWAYS been clockwork. More than anything I’m now confused about when I’m meant to take the progesterone, especially if my period doesn’t even come this month? I had pains 4 days ago but nothing since. Should I take it on day 14 of my usual cycle? I’m a bit worried it’s not protecting my womb enough 😞

Dotty

Re: Utrogestran and late period
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2024, 05:52:18 AM »

Yes carry on taking the Utrogestan as normal. I think the statistics are that 20% of women don’t bleed on cyclical HRT.

monster85

• First Flush
Re: Utrogestran and late period
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2024, 06:23:40 AM »

Thank you. I had  a very bad reaction to the last cycle of utrogestan (zombified, pain all over my body followed by anxiety and feelings of almost psychosis) and I’m really worried I’m messing my body up especially as I haven’t bled. I now have really bad pains all around my ribs 5 days after stopping the utrogestan. My therapist has gotten really angry about it and written to my GP to demand an appointment with an endocrinologist. I feel like until then I should stop the HRT but then I know cold turkey can be rough.