Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: First trip to A&E  (Read 841 times)

joziel

Re: First trip to A&E
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2024, 10:22:01 AM »

JS79, you have an outdated and ignorant doctor there and you health rests in whether you can now seek out a more knowledgeable practitioner.

"She won't do hormone blood tests as I'm 45+4months. Won't speak about menopause as my periods are still regular, even though they only last a couple of days now and are very light."

This is BS. Having regular periods has NOTHING TO DO with being peri-menopausal and needing HRT. Please do your research. You can have regular periods and still need HRT. I have regular periods and have been on HRT since the age of 42, with nothing abnormal found in my blood results - including hormones.

The fact that your periods are so light and only last a couple of days is an indication that you have LOW ESTROGEN.

At 45yo, you are right on track for peri-menopause.

She is right that hormone tests are not needed - but they are not needed to diagnose peri-menopause and to prescribe HRT. In other words: IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS WHICH COULD (COULD!!!) BE peri-menopause, you should be given A TRIAL OF HRT. Without blood tests. Without being sent for all these further tests.

Honestly, this is such a burden on the healthcare system. Look at all those tests you've had done before being given the ONE THING you probably most need.

Please look at the Balance Menopause website and please research these issues thoroughly yourself. And then change doctor.

JS79

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2024, 10:32:34 AM »

This is a newly qualified GP so it's quite sad that up to date info still isn't getting through 😪.
I'm on the Balance app and was going to go for a private consult at Newson but wanted all these other tests out the way first to rule out thyroid etc.
I was convinced my symptoms were MS and paid privately for a MRI so I'm prepared to do anything I can to improve my health.
I will have this blood test regarding bilirubin and then when results back I will make appt at Newson I think. That way I can go to their consult with lots of results.

joziel

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2024, 12:52:38 PM »

You'll find Newson aren't really that interested in all those other results and tests because their default thing is to get you optimal on HRT and then see what symptoms you have left...

In other words, unlike the doctors you've seen so far who are assuming bizarre and unlikely diseases instead of the condition 50% of the population will go through and you are most definitely in, Newson assume things are menopause unless proven otherwise. So other tests are unlikely to be helpful and you're just delaying your recovery. I'd make the appointment now if I were you...
Pages: 1 [2]