Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Looking old - make up recommendations  (Read 558 times)

MileyCyprus

• First Flush
Re: Looking old - make up recommendations
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2024, 08:48:47 AM »

Hi I used to use a full coverage foundation but have recently switched to Bareminerals Complexion Rescue tinted Moisturiser. My skin is quite sensitive and this gives a lovely dewy glow.  I only use concealer on my cheeks where I have a lot of redness.  Nothing under my eyes as it makes them look more lined.  Lip gloss, mascara and a bit of cream blush.  Lip liner is a no for me also now as is eyeliner.

HellsBells

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2024, 08:57:14 AM »

I'm a similar age and used to be comfortable looking in the mirror - now I just see a hag who is ageing faster than most! Menopause is brutal.

The only thing which gives me a bit of confidence is a powder foundation - Laura Geller - I imagine there are other similar style products. I put it on with a flat top kabuki brush. Takes 30 seconds.

I am rubbish at make up I always have been - the only reason this sounds sensible is that my hairdresser told me to do it. It basically just gives some natural colour. All other foundation just sits in the 9very deep) crevices....

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2024, 10:28:08 AM »

I find the best option is to take my contact lenses out before looking in the mirror - gives me a perfect wrinkle free complexion  :).

I was about to say similar before I saw your post! I wear glasses for reading so most of the time when I pass a mirror I am amazed at how young I look - gives me amazing confidence - until I put my specs on! Contact lense wearers unfortunately have to go to the trouble of removing them to get that youthful look  ;D

I find this is good for housework as well -  dust - what dust? Marks? what marks?  ;D

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]