Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Duavee/Duavive: Any updates, experiences or opinions?  (Read 102 times)

cityrat

Duavee/Duavive: Any updates, experiences or opinions?
« on: July 03, 2024, 09:26:12 PM »

I was on duavee (Duavive in UK) a few years ago. I've been on the weekly estradiol patch and vaginal progesterone every three months since it was discontinued in 2020. Now that it's back I would (with my Doctor's blessing) like to get back on duavee (with a small supplemental e patch) because it cuts down the cancer risk because of no progesterone needed (i have a uterus).

I'm wondering if there have been any further studies on whether Duavee does actually increase cancer risk. Or any other risks, compared to other HRT.
I would like to know where Duavee (estrogen as premarin + SERM, no progestin) stands vis a vis this same risk spectrum, when compared to estrogen alone, and conventional estrogen + progestin.

Also, I'm wondering if it has the same benefits (it should as it's just premarin, plus i'd have a .25 estradiol patch). I'm especially thinking of skin, hair, vaginal health and libido. I use topical estrogen cream, but systemic estrogen helps a lot with the last two things.

I'm just wondering if the SERM blocks any of the estrogen positive effects on skin, breast appearance, and vaginal health and function?

Has anyone been on it that has any opinion? Or seen any new research? Any other comments on side effects or concerns would be appreciated also!! thank you!!