Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Benign Ovarian Cysts  (Read 459 times)

Cassie

Benign Ovarian Cysts
« on: July 06, 2024, 09:56:31 AM »

Hi Ladies, I have been doing some reading up on these as so many of us post meno ladies seem to get them. Mine started during menopause, I had surgery to remove them and they came back almost immediately. My Gynae at the time said they often do re occur but as they are simple cysts he put me on the pill at that time to try and control them. Over the past 20 yrs the one on my right ovary has got slowly bigger but is still small enough to not cause symptoms and blood tests are always normal. I have read that they are called cystadenomas and can be filled with serous fluid or mucous, not sure which is which. Surgery and removal of the ovary is really the only way to stop them which I guess is not such a big deal after menopause but still major abdominal surgery. Has anyone experienced these that have stayed the same or got smaller or not caused issues?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Benign Ovarian Cysts
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2024, 11:06:49 AM »

If they are not likely to become a cancer concern, then personally I would leave well alone.  Although my Gynae told me that he would 'remove the lot' to save 'going in again' should it be necessary. 

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2024, 11:26:42 AM »

The Gynae said removal would only be indicated if they grown bigger and cause issues like bladder pressure etc, I have read cysts can get super large, but so far, I am blisfully unaware of any issues, long may it last!

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2024, 01:39:47 PM »

How worried R U about them?  If U are other wise healthy, wait and 'watch'?

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2024, 08:56:58 PM »

Im not particularly concerned, other than the normal meno anxiety which so many of us have about our health issues.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2024, 07:43:28 AM »

Morning.  ??  Wait and watch ??