Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Feel ill a lot!  (Read 1837 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feel ill a lot!
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2024, 01:36:56 PM »

It's known that Covid-19 can play havoc with hormones.  How R U today?

Mummytron

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2024, 05:52:16 AM »

Oops, that should have said negative!! My brain...🙄

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2024, 07:44:09 AM »

Possiblely  ::)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 08:46:14 AM by CLKD »

Jules

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2024, 08:42:01 AM »

Hi,
I have had a virus which I stated 4 weeks ago. Tested regularly for covid as its in my school but always positive. However I had covid in 2021 but didn't test positive via lateral flow then, pcr confirmed it.
I'm 48, periods not very often now, 3 month gaps most often. Cant tell if this is post viral and hormones but I feel about 90!
Blood tests for full blood, liver, heart so a good screen and all ok.
Viral illnesses can lay you low for quite a while. I'd you've ever had flu you'll know how it knocks you for six. I have ME. That started with a flu like viral illness. The fatigue and muscle pain was hideous at the start. Do what we should all do when recovering from a virus. Rest. Don't push yourself, you won't help matters, eat nourishing food, and find some good movies to watch and only when you feel able, gradually increase your activity.

Dierdre

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2024, 09:40:16 AM »

If you've had covid it could be long covid, this can last for weeks. Sometimes the test doesn't pick up unless you were at your peak so you could get a false negative.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 09:43:54 AM by Dierdre »

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2024, 09:47:15 AM »

Long Covid diagnosis is made after 12 weeks of continuing symptoms.  Viruses can cause intense tiredness and weakness.  Rest.  Fluids.  Pain relief if necessary.  Get into any sunshine several times a day ........ Be Kind 2 Yourself!

Toomuchstress

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2024, 10:24:40 PM »

You Sound EXACTLY how I've been feeling ,

I'll all the time , and cba to even get out of bed I just watch TV , if I go out I go in the car with my husband and he goes into shops I'll stay in the car most times in my pyjamas , no make up ,
Then I'll feel terrible headache and then it's a huge list of things wrong , and then ANY excuse to avoid sex cos I just don't have the energy or sex drive ,

I've felt like I've been peri for years as I was having horrendous panic attacks , which got better and I was having period but they started becoming weird and now nothing for 3 months ,
Been on utrogeston and lanzetto spray for the last 8 nights and haven't felt any better

It's just draining I feel for you

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2024, 07:46:49 AM »

Morning.  Who is over seeing your medication and how often do you get a review?

Panic attacks are awful.   :'( .  My GP prescribed 'propranolol' to ease the early morning surges which really helped me. 

Headaches can be due to the body being dehydrated. 

Mummytron

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2024, 09:15:05 PM »

What I'm struggling with at the moment is why I feel like this. I dont have a definitive reason so I'm worried. If its a virus, whys it taking so long? I work 2.5 days and thats a struggle. I feel so weak that I sit on the sofa and stay there.
Blood tests are fine which is good but I cant commit to anything and anything I plan to do is a source of stress. Life is just so hard.
I'm seeing the gp this week but other than cry I don't know what to do.

Jules

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2024, 07:07:28 AM »

It could be the effects of the virus. Was it a bad one? Have you any aching or pain?It's a good idea to see your doctor again. When I was diagnosed with a post viral fatigue, nobody really knew anything about it so I wasn't given the right advice, I pushed myself too far.  Can you take time off work to rest? Find things to do that you enjoy mingled with the rest? I started painting. If you're fatigued for whatever reason, your body is telling you it needs to recover. I used to cry everyday. It drains your already depleted energy though. Practice some calming exercises. Good luck with your doctors appointment.  I hope you get to the bottom of it.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2024, 08:37:05 AM »

Morning.  Sadly we live in a 24/7 environment .  We are entitled to take time off when ill.  Listen to your body.  You may well have been 'run down' B4 the virus hit, if we don't eat/drink when ill it will affect recovery.  Get your thyroid function and VitD blood tests done to give you a base line.  Post viral fatigue is real, known in the 1970s as 'yuppy 'flu'  >:( and it was years B4 it was recognised as a condition to be taken seriously!

:foryou:

Mummytron

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2024, 09:42:40 PM »

It was pretty bad. I work in a school so difficult to have any length of time off but I did sign myself off for a week.
I ache all the time, feel tired and woozy.
Some days are worse than others but I've managed work this week so far. Nearly the summer holidays so I plan to potter and not expect too much of myself.
I cant see that its anything other than post viral fatigue mixed with hormones.
But then tonight I'm not too bad, other times like last night when I was, I convince myself its something more. Just being a numpty.

Jules

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2024, 08:08:10 AM »

It was pretty bad. I work in a school so difficult to have any length of time off but I did sign myself off for a week.
I ache all the time, feel tired and woozy.
Some days are worse than others but I've managed work this week so far. Nearly the summer holidays so I plan to potter and not expect too much of myself.
I cant see that its anything other than post viral fatigue mixed with hormones.
But then tonight I'm not too bad, other times like last night when I was, I convince myself its something more. Just being a numpty.

I was the same. I initially got back to work and after a few weeks of feeling really tired, feverish etc was okay for a few months then kept having relapses. Feeling achey, really tired, muscle pain, just not right.  I am in no way insinuating you have the same condition, I dont know you or your medical situation,  but having experienced fatigue, I know how much the worry about what is wrong, how long it will last etc made it worse. Worrying really does burn up energy. And I also know how continuing to work exacerbated the problem. You cant push through with fatigue.  I was also working in education at the time and the pressure of having to be there even when ill made it worse. I worked in further education at the time. A bullying environment, people didn't dare stay off ill. Whatever the cause of your symptoms. Good health is everything.

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2024, 08:14:28 AM »

Morning.  U aren't a numpty at all, whatever that might mean  ::)

When I have pain, depression, anxiety etc. it's the not knowing how long symptoms will last that floors me.  Literally.  Having had a therapist tell me that panic attacks can't last more than 20 mins  >:( ........... I walked from that appt and never returned.

Little steps.  I expect that once you can sleep in without having to get out of bed to go to work you will begin to feel better.  Being able to rest and not be beholding to any1 especially kids  ::) will make a difference and when we get a few warm days, that will also lift your spirits.

Let us know how you get on.

Mummytron

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2024, 11:27:28 AM »

Hi,
I saw the Gap this morning, she's going to do more blood tests for inflammation and other things. She tested my urine which has blood and leukocytes in so given me some antibiotics. I dont have any symptoms of a urine infection other than weeing more often. She said if the urine test isn't clear after the antibiotics she would refer me incase of bladder cancer. I think (hope) she is just being thorough.
She is also doing a stool test because of my upset stomach. I suffer with health anxiety so although I'm trying to be rational I won't relax until they're all back and clear.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5