Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Feel ill a lot!  (Read 1821 times)

Mummytron

Feel ill a lot!
« on: June 30, 2024, 04:09:33 PM »

I've had blood tests recently as I've been ill for a few weeks (with a virus i think) but I just feel so rubbish all the time.
I have these moments where I feel shaky and weak and then it passes. My tummy isn't right either. I'm also fatigued with a real cba attitude.
I'm not on hrt yet and been in peri about 8 years, not many periods now.
Is it normal to feel ill all the time?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feel ill a lot!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2024, 05:28:19 PM »

Your symptoms could be due to a sudden dip in energy levels. 

How is your diet overall?

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2024, 06:25:51 PM »

Hello Mummytron.

I know of many people who have struggled with a virus recently, two of them took to their beds and tested positive for COVID.

Both me and my husband had a cold/ cough in February and although we kept going our energy levels plummeted. The symptoms would come and go but it was about two months before we felt completely well again. We didn't test for COVID but it may have been that or a similar virus ( btw all those afflicted  made a complete recovery).

Your symptoms may be due to hormones but I suspect your virus is playing a significant part.

I hope this helps you in some way. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

K.

bombsh3ll

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2024, 06:48:29 PM »

If you felt rubbish before your recent viral illness and have been in untreated perimenopause for 8 years, now with infrequent periods, then in the absence of any other obvious causes the decline in your sex hormones is likely to be a factor in how you are feeling.

The only way to know if getting your hormones back will help is to try it.

As we saw with covid, premenopausal and hormone replete postmenopausal women fared better than their hypoestrogenic counterparts and men, in every age group. This makes biological sense given the anti-inflammatory and immune system modulating effects of estrogen.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2024, 06:50:49 PM »

:foryou:

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2024, 06:20:01 AM »

Yes…I felt ill all the time in peri and post meno 😥

Mummytron

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2024, 06:10:03 PM »

I thought I was feeling better but today has been something else again.
Weak, shaky, upset tum, tummy ache, tired, sleepy.
I'm just so fed up, convinced myself there's something more wrong.
Moan over  :(

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2024, 06:14:31 PM »

U moan /. MayB grazing even in the night if you wake?  Little and often to keep blood sugar levels up.  Hormonal upheaval can cause sudden energy dips, I suffered a lot for a few years.  Didn't know then it might have been peri  ::)

Mummytron

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2024, 06:21:06 PM »

Thank you, you're always so kind.
Does it really make you feel this ill?

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2024, 06:26:30 PM »

Hormone upheaval certainly did me, I would be fine then suddenly my body would become hungry = nausea and anxiety.  At one point I knew where every waste bin/bucket was situated in shops that I went to regularly, on an in case basis.  I had to ask to use the loo in Lloyds Chemist, I wasn't ill but I felt bad.  The Pharmacist began directing me to the public loos half a mile away, then she changed her mind  ::)

In the 1990s The National Association for Pre-menstrual Syndrome advised me to eat every 3 hours, 24/7.  I still try to keep to that regime as well as safe foods that I know will work: i.e. bananas and chocolate: these days DH has to remind me when to eat if I'm busy in our garden.

Be kind to yourself too!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 12:06:42 PM by CLKD »

Mummytron

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2024, 06:29:07 PM »

Thank you.
I feel like I cant do anything but I'll bear that in mind.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2024, 07:30:18 PM »

Certainly feelings of weakness with associated shakiness can be due to the body requiring energy, I'm shaken until after breakfast. 

MrsMitch

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2024, 07:11:32 AM »

I'm a little late to this Mummytron, but I've had a virus, not covid, and I'm just going into week 5. No idea what it is/was but the lack of energy is awful. I'm post meno but regardless there does seem to be some odd things about. I've spoken to a few people lately who have had similar. I'm gradually able to do a little more as each week goes by and hopefully you will too, unless it is hormonal for you.

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2024, 08:52:50 AM »

Hi Mummytron

Those symptoms don't really sound like peri-menopause to me - if you've been ill with a virus, for a few weeks, and if you didn't test for Covid this could be the culprit. Because it is now mainstream most people don't test any more so it is far more widespread than one would think.

First thing is to see what the results of your blood tests are - what have you been tested for? Those symptoms could have all sorts of causes. How is your diet and exercise regime generally? Obviously if you feel tired you won't have much motivation to exercise, but as we apporach peri-menopause it is important to get ourselves into the best possible shape - re weight, diet, exercise, alcohol etc for the this (long!) next phase of our lives.

Peri-menopause and symptoms may be a different issue. How often are your periods and how long have they been significantly irregular (eg cycle length differing by a week at least each time)? Unless you are taking medications that may suppress them, like some anti-depressants, usually the first obvious symptoms women develop that can be definitely attributed to peri-menopause, are hot flushes and sweats. Do you have any hint of those?

Depending how old you are and your blood tests,as well as other symptoms, you may want to consider HRT, but I would find out the causes of and treat your other symptoms first if you are able to.

Hurdity x

Mummytron

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2024, 01:14:14 PM »

Hi,
I have had a virus which I stated 4 weeks ago. Tested regularly for covid as its in my school but always positive. However I had covid in 2021 but didn't test positive via lateral flow then, pcr confirmed it.
I'm 48, periods not very often now, 3 month gaps most often. Cant tell if this is post viral and hormones but I feel about 90!
Blood tests for full blood, liver, heart so a good screen and all ok.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5