Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: head zaps, palps, strange burning chest, dehydration..  (Read 849 times)

KaraShannon

head zaps, palps, strange burning chest, dehydration..
« on: June 28, 2024, 11:40:02 AM »

Hi ladies

so every month I get these weird symptoms, been having them for about 9 years but in the last 3 they are stronger and lower down in abdomen (before were in chest).  All heart checks were normal and I was told it's most likely hormonal.

But does anyone else get the occasional feeling like your heart 'can't keep up' especially on standing from sitting, other times head zapping (not intense but there), strange feeling of 'something' rising up through your abdomen or chest, I used to say it was like a blow torch in my chest but now it seems more diffuse and lower down also.

At these times I tend to find I'm dehydrated as well yet I've been drinking the same as I always do and if I drank more would feel I was over doing it, so I think the dehydration is coming on because of something hormonal going on?

Anyway, does any of this make sense to anyone else?  I'm on Evorel Sequi, I'm back on my Estradiol only patch since last night and feeling like I might recover  ;D but looking at myself in the mirror it's as though I've been repeatedly dragged through a hedge backwards in the last week.  Could it be the progesterone?  Sometimes though I feel better on the combined patch time.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: head zaps, palps, strange burning chest, dehydration..
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2024, 11:45:03 AM »

Dehydration - that's easy to prove: one lifts the skin on the back of the hand which should pop back flat when the body is hydrated enough.

How much are you drinking and eating?  We must not forget that the kidneys source liquids from everything that we put into our bodies.  Urine should during the day be straw coloured.  Any lighter and we are taking in too much fluid.  Darker and the body requires more tea/water.

I get head zaps due to the medication regime I am prescribed.  Burning chest for me is indigestion.  Heartburn/reflux is different sensations.

R these symptoms cyclical, do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary?

KaraShannon

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2024, 02:04:31 PM »

Thanks CLKD, they tend to be cyclical. 

My mood is very low at the same time, but it's the physical symptoms I'm worried about.  The mood is not worrying me it's just part of the ups and downs of hormones, it's not too bad or anything.

From experience they will ease off until a similar time next month but I do wonder about them.  I'm not getting hot flashes but this.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2024, 04:56:09 PM »

It's part of hormone upheaval.  What's the worst that could happen?

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2024, 01:24:55 AM »

just wanting to check because if others have similar that's reassuring.  The worst is something heart related.

But curious too because such weird symptoms, it reminds me of going through strange stuff at puberty, although it was different stuff, like growing pains then.

Curious because I keep saying to everyone I don't have hot flashes, but I have these weird 'surges' and postural hypotension and a feeling like adrenaline goes through my system (but without anything happening that would have sparked it) and then, often, my period starts and it all goes away and I'm like a gazelle skipping through life for a day or two  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2024, 06:44:37 AM »

'like a gazelle' - love it.

If U are aware that symptoms are cylical, then keep a record for reassurance.   It's so easy to feel well and then be scared s****less when symptoms recur!

KaraShannon

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2024, 12:46:13 AM »

'like a gazelle' - love it.

If U are aware that symptoms are cylical, then keep a record for reassurance.   It's so easy to feel well and then be scared s****less when symptoms recur!

You're right, just too much on to be recording stuff, so I'll just add here that it's easing off now but still the odd 'torch' in upper abdomen, like tonight for about ten mins.  No pain but this weird rising energy and sometimes heart flutters might occur. 

I think it's going to be something similar to a hot flash, but I just don't subjectively feel hot.  it might be because my thyroid is underactive so I don't feel the heat (we tend to feel cold more) but still getting something.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2024, 07:34:50 AM »

Unless U have a diagnosis of thyroid problems, try not to surmise.  Hot flushes [flashes are American] can present in many ways.  Adrenaline for me is hot water coursing through my veins  ::).  Then followed by nausea.  This too will pass. 

joziel

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2024, 12:03:14 PM »

KaraShannon, what's your ferritin level? It should be over 100. Under 100 is iron deficiency which is a major cause of POTS. (Basically these kind of symptoms happening when you stand up.)

KaraShannon

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2024, 11:29:14 AM »

KaraShannon, what's your ferritin level? It should be over 100. Under 100 is iron deficiency which is a major cause of POTS. (Basically these kind of symptoms happening when you stand up.)

it's so hard to see a doctor here I've not had a blood test since start of the pandemic and then my folate was borderline low.

I'm just overwhelmed by everything, and I haven't got the fight in me that I'd need to secure a doctor's appointment at the moment.  It's that bad. 

I don't mean to sound like I'm presenting an impossible problem (I know what I sound like), it's just right now I'm struggling to get through each day.  I'll try and get this sorted out.  Meanwhile I've bought a cereal with fortified iron and at the moment the symptoms have reduced by 95%, but it is cyclical too with the cycle.  Now I'm running about town and standing up out of the car and walking into shops without thinking of the problem. 

Thanks Joziel

joziel

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2024, 03:49:00 PM »

You can probably test for yourself. Finger **** tests are accurate for ferritin, you can do it at home. Where do you live? I use Medichecks in the UK.