Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Cat backpacks  (Read 2510 times)

Katherine

Re: Cat backpacks
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2024, 10:05:33 AM »

Just looked at Cats Protection Instagram and I doubt they will post my photo, it’s all cute funny happy photos. The RSPCA would be the more appropriate one as it shows that type of photo occasionally, but judging by their last response it’s unlikely they would either. I might give them a try anyway

Edit: just got a response from Cats Protection. They say they can’t use my photo. I feel like we care more than these organisations do.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 10:22:35 AM by Katherine »

Minusminnie

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2024, 10:33:50 AM »

Maybe your photo is just too real !

I question cute funny animal photos/videos my granddaughter finds on Utube all a bit too good to be true some of them. I get her to think about it.

Katherine

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2024, 11:20:42 AM »

I thought the whole point of these organisations was to spread awareness. I know Cats Protection are doing other things about this but why not use my photo. I sent one with the people cut out of the photo so only the cat and carrier could be seen. I don’t know why I bother sometimes.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2024, 01:25:31 PM »

MayB because they have no proof of who owns the copyright nor where the photo was taken, at least you tried.  Many UK Charities have sadly, their own Agendas with plenty of monies behind them.

getting_old - going to antique fairs is a job for many so dogs go along too.  All quite happy to get extra fuss [usually from me  ;D whilst DH stands, losing bored  ::)] as well as not being shut up for hours alone.  I've not seen cats at antique fairs either with dealers or visitors.

Katherine

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2024, 03:47:14 PM »

I asked Cats Protection why they couldn’t use my photo and they said they have to use their own photos that fit with their messages and approach to issues. It’s sad that the poor cat didn’t fit with their message, I thought that was to protect cats. I’m not going to pursue this anymore, it’s just winding me up. At least I tried I guess. Thanks for all your support ladies.

Edit- when I say not pursuing I mean not with the same charities. I’ll still do something if the opportunity arises and if anyone sees or knows anything going forward do post on here.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 07:33:19 PM by Katherine »

Katherine

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2024, 08:05:06 PM »

Hi ladies,

just to update you, I’ve had a reply from RSPCA complaints and they apologised for the call handlers response. They agreed she was dismissive and said the guide she would have been referring to was not up to date and that it will be updated. They said they do not recommend these backpacks. I asked if they would use my photo in an awareness campaign and they haven’t responded. I do feel better though after their response. I think with it being an apparently new trend it may take time for the backpacks to be generally deemed unacceptable.

Tracy t

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2024, 10:07:08 PM »

It's the same with many animals I was horrified to see a macaw parrot in a cage were his tail touched the bottom his wings wouldn't have even been able to open yet the cage was sold as suitable for this kind of bird terrible and I really don't understand why anyone wouldn't question that we supposed to be intelligent 🤪 I totally agree with you that it was wrong we have two house cats and noway would I do that my dogs don't go for walks in the heat and they can be free it's way to hot and humid to be enclosed in anything plastic just another stupid fad like the fish tank boots I wish people would stop following mindless celebrities and use there morals better like buying hamsters that come from a vast desert and putting them in a shoebox size cage and then wondering why do they try to get out 🤷 dosent take a lot of brains to know it's not right so yes I'm 110% with you 🤗

Katherine

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2024, 10:24:33 PM »

It's the same with many animals I was horrified to see a macaw parrot in a cage were his tail touched the bottom his wings wouldn't have even been able to open yet the cage was sold as suitable for this kind of bird terrible and I really don't understand why anyone wouldn't question that we supposed to be intelligent 🤪 I totally agree with you that it was wrong we have two house cats and noway would I do that my dogs don't go for walks in the heat and they can be free it's way to hot and humid to be enclosed in anything plastic just another stupid fad like the fish tank boots I wish people would stop following mindless celebrities and use there morals better like buying hamsters that come from a vast desert and putting them in a shoebox size cage and then wondering why do they try to get out 🤷 dosent take a lot of brains to know it's not right so yes I'm 110% with you 🤗

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for your support. I agree it’s just all common sense.  I think people must know on some level when these things are a bad idea but maybe they just care more about entertaining themselves than the animal, sadly. I can’t stand to see birds in cages, it’s so twisted. I really appreciate everyone’s support, it means a lot to me.

jaypo

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2024, 10:27:14 AM »

Too many fat cats in the RSPCA unfortunately,we used to donate monthly to them until someone told us a lot of the money goes to them at the top.
They can be dismissive too,I picked up an injured seagull from the beach,other birds were pecking its eyes etc, luckily I had a big tote bag,so popped it in there then called the RSPCA,they were reluctant to come out,saying to just put it somewhere safe but I stuck to my guns and said no,it will die a horrible death,so they eventually got someone to come and pick it up,yes,probably to have it euthanised but better that than being eaten to death   >:(

Katherine

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2024, 11:50:42 AM »

How depressing.. you expect charities to have more morals than companies but I guess they are all organisations at the end of the day. I know big charities need directors but I guess it all depends on how highly they are paid. That is awful about the seagull. It’s still an animal. This thread is quite an eye opener!

Tracy t

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2024, 12:14:38 PM »

Hi Katherine your very welcome to my support it's inhumane I just don't get people's mentality with animals they say there my baby but then would they put there babies in one of those but these days I'm not sure of that either 🤷 it's like I saw a lady with a dog in the rain she was stood right at the edge the car came past wet them she dragged the dog and told it off Asif it was his fault I'm like really had to bite my  tongue he was just doing wat you told him to you have control of the lead 🤪 I always use a harness especially with my older one now she has to stop and start and I don't like the feeling of pulling at her neck the kong comfort ones support there full body just find it more comfortable for us both 🤗

Tracy t

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2024, 12:23:07 PM »

I totally agree jaypo I found a deer that had been hit by a car at the side of the road a beautiful thing she was it looked like they had shattered her leg she couldn't get up in shock I would suppose so we parked near do noone could get close has she was in line to be hit again phoned the RSPCA abd they told me to leave her there 😭 we sat for about a hour she eventually got up and hobbled off but she was clearly in extreme pain I understand that it could be stressful for the animal if approached but at least come out and put her put of her misery if she's going to just go and sit somewhere and die or have a long suffering time just come look for god's sake my heart went with her ❤️ we do have good vets here thou i took a pigeon and he was put to sleep they do try first over night and they will take any wild animal in there in conjunction with a sanctuary if they can be saved too which is great ive took many birds for help 🤗 the RSPCA too I don't understand they cry out here for towels and cloths yet I went to there RSPCA charity shop and a clothes trade  van was taking lots of unsellable items they could use for the same purpose just didn't make sence they were selling them bulk and not using them 😕

Katherine

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2024, 12:58:01 PM »

Hi Katherine your very welcome to my support it's inhumane I just don't get people's mentality with animals they say there my baby but then would they put there babies in one of those but these days I'm not sure of that either 🤷 it's like I saw a lady with a dog in the rain she was stood right at the edge the car came past wet them she dragged the dog and told it off Asif it was his fault I'm like really had to bite my  tongue he was just doing wat you told him to you have control of the lead 🤪 I always use a harness especially with my older one now she has to stop and start and I don't like the feeling of pulling at her neck the kong comfort ones support there full body just find it more comfortable for us both 🤗

Thanks Tracy. I had a similar experience on a bus where a woman kept yanking at the lead of her dog, and for no reason it seemed. Maybe it had annoyed her earlier but people shouldn’t have animals if they can’t control themselves. It’s really hard not to say anything. I could easily have but I just know it wouldn’t have achieved anything, probably have wound her up even more with the dog on the receiving end later. Thankfully though most dogs I see in public seem to have good owners.

Katherine

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2024, 01:02:26 PM »

I totally agree jaypo I found a deer that had been hit by a car at the side of the road a beautiful thing she was it looked like they had shattered her leg she couldn't get up in shock I would suppose so we parked near do noone could get close has she was in line to be hit again phoned the RSPCA abd they told me to leave her there 😭 we sat for about a hour she eventually got up and hobbled off but she was clearly in extreme pain I understand that it could be stressful for the animal if approached but at least come out and put her put of her misery if she's going to just go and sit somewhere and die or have a long suffering time just come look for god's sake my heart went with her ❤️ we do have good vets here thou i took a pigeon and he was put to sleep they do try first over night and they will take any wild animal in there in conjunction with a sanctuary if they can be saved too which is great ive took many birds for help 🤗 the RSPCA too I don't understand they cry out here for towels and cloths yet I went to there RSPCA charity shop and a clothes trade  van was taking lots of unsellable items they could use for the same purpose just didn't make sence they were selling them bulk and not using them 😕

This is awful, that poor deer. So it sounds like the RSPCA will only help an animal if it’s being deliberately mistreated or within easy reach. You expect charities to care don’t you. They are such a popular charity they can’t be short of money!

Tracy t

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2024, 01:17:38 PM »

I definitely agree I've met some lovely people who support animals and there dogs are looked after very well there is always a balance out there just those of us who are caring feel heartfelt wen we see somthing like that thank god for the good souls out there that do the better type of animal welfare and I must say I've seen quite a few 🤗 I know well we have to remember they are a business has well has a charity there many hands taking from the RSPCA I can't take away they have helped animals but I'm not sure they have all there priorities right they have good people volunteering for no gain helping them too
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5