Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Coil fitted and still bleeding  (Read 731 times)

bluemczoo

Coil fitted and still bleeding
« on: June 22, 2024, 05:51:36 PM »

Hi all, just wanted to hear your thoughts/experiences.
I got minera fitted 3 weeks ago because of my frequent bleeding episodes. I am on everol patches (50 mg) and was on Utrogestan (200 mg). I have stopped taking the tablets because the coil should take over the progesterone dosage.
I have had bleeding every day since- some days more than others. The GP said to expect some bleeding but this seems extreme. Has anyone experienced something similar? I am hoping it stops soon, it is getting me down!

Suziemc

Re: Coil fitted and still bleeding
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2024, 11:06:41 PM »

I had my Mirena fitted 10yrs post meno and had spotting for almost 3 mths.  I did check with my GP at the 6wk check and he referred back to hospital gynae who fitted it for their advice and they said spotting could be expected for up to 12 weeks. Mine slowly reduced over that time and stopped after about 11wks.

If you're earlier in your peri/menopause you might get different advice but I think 3 weeks is still early. Maybe ask at your 6wk check (assuming all health authorities do the same 6wk check of course!)

Suzie

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2024, 07:57:36 AM »

No personal experience but I think 3 weeks is early days so perhaps not unexpected. If you don't get any more replies try putting mirena and bleeding in the search box.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2024, 07:12:40 PM »

I had a Mirena fitted in March following frequent episodes of bleeding. I had bleeding each day for over 2 months.  At the 8 week check the nurse said the bleeding was completely normal. It has now stopped and I have had very slight spotting now and then but for me its a massive improvement on the evorel conti I was on before.

bluemczoo

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2024, 11:42:13 AM »

Thanks all - reassuring that it isn’t anything out of the ordinary. But 8 weeks of bleeding every day - gosh that is hard. Got to get myself some iron- rich food I think  :)

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2024, 08:07:25 PM »

With my first mirena, was post meno at that stage, I bled for 4.5 months although it was very light. I am glad I put up with it as it has been great.