Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel and Estradot the same?  (Read 196 times)

JoannFran

Evorel and Estradot the same?
« on: June 25, 2024, 03:06:37 PM »

Afternoon, Hope everyone has lovely weather!

My meno Dr switched me to estradot 100 from evorel 100 because I was starting to have a slight skin reaction.  She said they're exactly the same shouldn't have any issues (I seem to be very very sensitive to any changes).  Anyway, I'm on my second estradot patch and really not feeling great.  I've had headaches, tight chest, heartburn, uneasy feeling and heart palps (and weirdly a stuffy nose but might not be related).  Could this be the estradot or just peri symptoms?  I wasn't completely symptom free on the evorel but I've definitely been worse since being on the estradot.  Trying to persevere as they are much much smaller and easier to wear than the evorel.

Just wondered if anyone else had different experiences with different patches?

Thanks xx

joziel

Re: Evorel and Estradot the same?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2024, 03:11:39 PM »

There are reported problems with Estradot since the company was sold. Reports are that the patches don't stick so well and many women are reporting a return of symptoms. Dr_Naomi Potter on Instagram recently posted about it...

JoannFran

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2024, 03:36:59 PM »

Thank you.  I'll take a look at that post.  I don't think it's a sticking problem though as I use tegaderm over the top of it as I work out everyday.  I guess it could still not be sticking really well underneath.

joziel

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2024, 05:46:30 PM »

Some people find they don't stick as well and some people just find they are less effective (no sticking prob).

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2024, 05:51:36 PM »

They all have different carriers so you may find you absorb one better than another. I had to change from evorel because of an allergic reaction but I found estradot a bit stronger. Interesting about recent problems though, I'm on a new box and symptoms are creeping back in.