Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vagifem seems to be working but still having issues  (Read 397 times)

Kai_63

Vagifem seems to be working but still having issues
« on: June 25, 2024, 09:40:18 AM »

I'm now on Vagifem 3 times a week. It, along with Yes Vaginal moisturiser has been a huge help. The gynaeocologist did say she thought I was tensing during sex in anticipation of pain (and jt was therefore causing small tears) so I've worked on that too.

I managed to have pain-free sex yesterday to the point of climax but I still had the slightest spotting afterwards.

I can't really afford to keep going back to the gynae so hope someone here can help. Is it just a case of carrying on for a while longer and then thinking about increasing the dose to 4 times a week?

(Also on oestrogel and utrogestan orally).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vagifem seems to be working but still having issues
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2024, 10:11:27 AM »

Use every night.  Many women need regular application internally/externally.   Some use 'ovestin' or a mositorisor: 'yes' and 'sylc' products have good reviews on the Forum, along with the 'vagifem'. Or some use 'ovestin'/similar on the nights that they don't need to insert 'vagifem'.  It really can be Trial and Error.  I find KY jelly good on the vulva/labia area as well as 'ovestin' internally.

Do read our threads on VA and bladder issues.  As oestrogen levels drop so the body may become dry: inside and out; skin, deep in the ears, nostrils, eyes, vagina, between the toes .......

R U in the UK?

Jules

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2024, 01:25:26 PM »

I'm now on Vagifem 3 times a week. It, along with Yes Vaginal moisturiser has been a huge help. The gynaeocologist did say she thought I was tensing during sex in anticipation of pain (and jt was therefore causing small tears) so I've worked on that too.

I managed to have pain-free sex yesterday to the point of climax but I still had the slightest spotting afterwards.

I can't really afford to keep going back to the gynae so hope someone here can help. Is it just a case of carrying on for a while longer and then thinking about increasing the dose to 4 times a week?

(Also on oestrogel and utrogestan orally).
How long have you been using the vagifem for? It can take a while, depends on the condition you were in at the time i think. My twice weekly that worked fine 2 years ago isn't often enough now.

Ayesha

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2024, 02:34:02 PM »

You don't say how long you have been using Vagifem for but it can take over three months to take full effect. Three a week is not a lot, increase the dose until you start to feel its working, that's what I would do. You can also use an oestrogen cream to smear on the outside if you feel you would benefit, these are all very low dose HRT.

Perhaps a member who is on systemic HRT and topical HRT will be along to advise more.

Kai_63

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2024, 04:23:15 PM »

Thanks everyone.

Sorry I've been on Vagifem for over a year but went up to three times a week three months ago.

I did try Ovestin alongside it previously but found it irritated me. Same with Blissel.

I think because I feel so much better on 2 times a week than 3, it seemed relatively great  ;D but sounds like I should try 4 times and work up from there to get full effect.

I have Yes OB as well as water based so maybe I could add that to the mix. My skin is definitely a lot drier everywhere on my body!

Suziemc

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2024, 11:22:36 PM »

I use vagifem 3x week and find this keeps me comfortable. When we have sex we now use Yes OB as an extra layer of lubricant, we incorporate it into foreplay and I coat my husband in it before he enters me. He calls it my WD40 😂

And, just in case....having previewed what I'd written....I don't coat the whole of my husband in it, just his penis 🤣 I suddenly had visions of a whole tube being used and one of you shooting off across the room 🤭

Kai_63

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2024, 01:18:17 PM »

I've used Yes OB for quite a while (copiously  ;D) but I think I needed the boost of the Vagifem and moisturiser too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2024, 01:39:24 PM »

Get it up there every night for at least 2 weeks ;-).  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become drier.

Kai_63

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2024, 10:48:19 PM »

I will  ;D