Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oral thrush & fluconazole  (Read 204 times)

Hopeful2

Oral thrush & fluconazole
« on: June 24, 2024, 01:20:53 PM »

Hi ladies.

I'm back suffering with oral thrush again at least that's what the Dr thinks. My tongue is green & sore.

I've had swabs taken previously & it's come back negative, but Dr said it can still be thrush?

Nystatin never gets rid of it fully. He has given me fluconazole for 2 weeks, but I'm only on day 3 and one of my nails is weeping like it does sometimes, got blisters around my nose & now sore coldsore. Last time I took fluconazole corners of my mouth got really sore too. I'm catastrophising everything feel worse now than before I started it, not sure if I should give up and go back to Nystatin. Sorry for ranting, any advice please ladies. Thank you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Oral thrush & fluconazole
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2024, 01:58:49 PM »

Herpes Zosta ....... cold sore virus. 

What is your GP doing about the repeated thrush?  There has to be a reason for it.  I think that oral thrush is a white coating on the tongue and throat.  I would tend to gargle with TCP ointment or boiled, cooled water with salt added.

Do u have access to a dental practice?

Hopeful2

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2024, 04:58:23 PM »

I was hoping to get my tongue clear and less sore before going to the dentist. Has anyone used Fluconazole and it made their mouth more sore? Getting myself all worked up as usual. Thanks for your help.

Hopeful2

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2024, 07:33:21 PM »

I just went to the pharmacist and she said it doesn't look like a cold sore more like a reaction to the tablets  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2024, 07:51:06 PM »

That crossed my mind too, off to the Dentist with you !  then let us know what his/her diagnosis might be .  Did the Pharmacist make any treatment suggestions?